23

"So, Ryujin helped you be true to yourself?"

"Yeah..."

That same day, Lia called Yuna and Chaeryeong to come over Yeji's house so that they could talk about another important matter— about Ryujin's new behavior. So here they were again, sitting at the living room with serious faces on.

It suffocated Yeji.

"So, what's wrong this time?"

"Nothing's wrong, actually, its even the opposite of that. Things are getting a bit good between you and Ryujin..."

"She ignores me and cut off ties with me— what's good with that, Chaer?"

"It means that she doesn't want to hurt you, Yeji unnie. I don't know what happened between you and my sister, but I know something about that made her change her perspective of you. You no longer are a stranger to her, Yeji unnie, you're another important person whom she can't afford to hurt."

"... oh."

Yuna finally spoke after minutes of being quiet, a small smile on her face. It was weird to see Yuna this serious, and it honestly scared Yeji a bit. She figured out that Yuna must really care about her sister for her to handle things on her own when it comes to her well-being.

"Lia unnie, Chaeryeong unnie, I'd like to talk to Yeji unnie. Alone."

"Huh?..."

Lia and Chaeryeong shared a look, but complied to Yuna's request nonetheless. They respect Yuna's decision, and this might be something that only Yuna knows. That left Yeji with a serious-looking Yuna staring at her.

"Yeji unnie, why do you wish to know who my sister really is? What's your motive?"

"I... I don't know, Yuna..."

"You don't know?! Hah! That's a load of bull, Hwang Yeji. Tell me the truth, what does Ryujin unnie mean to you?! Tell me!"

"I don't know! She's just— she's important to me. I don't want to lose someone again, even if that someone was never mine to begin with. The first time I saw her, I never thought she'd be this tangled with my life. She made me take down my walls that I've built for so long and because of that, I learned to love who I really am. She turned the page in my life that I couldn't let go."

Yeji rambled, pouring out everything that she'd been bottling up inside her heart. She may have sounded mad with her loud voice, but she was just sincere with what she said. Yuna could see that Yeji was honest with her answer, but she was just confused about how to deal with it. Yuna knew by now that Yeji wasn't like her.

When Yeji realized what she did, she was flustered, and so she apologized for her sudden reaction.

"I... I-I'm sorry for lashing out like that..."

"No, its fine Yeji unnie, I got the answer that I wanted to hear. So, I'm giving you the permission, Yeji unnie."

"P-Permission? For what?"

"You can unravel who my sister really is, I won't stop you this time."

Yuna didn't knew if this was the right choice, but she decided. Maybe it was the speckle of hope that Yeji showed, that Yuna decided to have faith in her. Afterall, Yeji had already cracked a bit of Ryujin's facade unknowingly.

For Yeji, it was an opportunity that she would never miss. Sure, she couldn't fathom why she wanted to be closer with Ryujin so badly, but she just want to follow her intuition. Besides, Ryujin helped her, so she wanted to give back what she received.

"But whatever happens, we can't help you that much. Afterall, its Ryujin unnie's decision whether she'd let you in her life, or not."

"Its fine, I can do it. Thank you, Yuna..."

"Don't thank me just yet, we don't know what will happen in the future."

"Are you two done? Lia unnie's whining already."

Yeji and Yuna both laughed as soon as a disgruntled Chaeryeong barged in with a cheeky Lia tailing behind her. The heavy atmosphere was already lifted, and that made Yeji sigh in relief. It was hard to face a very serious Yuna, what more if she would face an angry Yuna if ever she makes a mistake with Ryujin in the future? Yeji shivered at the thought.

"So what did we miss?"

"That's for us to know, and for you to find out."

A/N: Double update because I feel like I'm dragging this story 😅