37

The night was still young, and Ryujin was on the balcony, staring at the sky as she let her thoughts swarm in her head.

'Yeji... Maybe she's asleep now... I already had the bed fixed and my room cleaned while she showered, and I also left clothes for her to use. Was she feeling comfortable on my bed? Does she like my shampoo and soap? Was she completely drunk?'

Yes, Ryujin thinks like this. She may appear cold and heartless, but she's just timid about her thoughts. Her alone time was cut off when a familiar voice pierced through the quiet atmosphere.

"Ryujinnie?"

"What are you doing out here, ryeong? Go to sleep."

"I should be saying the same to you— you should be sleeping too."

"Can't. Just took my meds."

"Me too, I couldn't sleep. Had a lot on my head these past few days..."

A long silence engulfed the two of them for a while, both of them staring at the vast sky as stars twinkled brightly. The night was beautiful, and none of them would deny that. Ryujin glanced at her friend for a while, before diverting her gaze away as soon as she saw her troubled face.

"Would you like to share?"

"Ryujin-ah, I like your sister, as in, romantically."

"Tsk, I know..."

"Y-You knew?! Since when?"

"Since we were kids— you cried so hard when we left for Canada. You almost didn't want to let Yuna go."

"... well, you're right. I liked her since before... but I think she likes Lia unnie..."

Ryujin raised her perfectly sculpted eyebrow, looking at her bestfriend with confusion written all over her face. It made her look even more intimidating, yet Chaeryeong held her stare despite the arising nervousness in her chest. She knew Ryujin well, and this look on her doesn't mean danger in some sort.

"How'd you know?"

"I just... Well, she's always so different around her... It's like, she really wants to grab Lia's attention..."

"Yuna's always like that— she likes attention."

"Not mine tho..."

"She wouldn't ask for your attention because you always give that to her."

Ryujin scoffed as she leaned on the railings, rolling her eyes at the dumb look on Chaeryeong's face. Ryujin couldn't believe that her bestfriend was this oblivous that she almost pitied her, but she settled on giving her a subtle hint.

"Yuna doesn't like Lia— at least, not romantically. Lia is like an older sister to us, well, sometimes like a mother figure. I thought you knew that?"

"I know, it's just that... I get jealous sometimes, I don't even know why. I don't have the right to be jealous cos she's not mine to begin with..."

"You're such a wuss."

"Damn it, I knew you'd react like this."

Chaeryeong whined and stomped her feet on the ground, a cute pout displayed on her face as she sent a glare towards the other girl. Ryujin only snickered at this.

"If you're that jealous, then confess."

"It's not that easy— and Yuna's too young. I can't date her yet."

"Who says you can date her so easily? You still have to go through me."

"What? No bestfriend privileges?"

"No."

"You're mean."

Chaeryeong lightly punched her shoulder, emitting a small chuckle from Ryujin. They both missed this. Talking to each other and sharing their thoughts, just like when they were younger. They still contacted each other back then when the Shin family left for another country, that's how strong their bond was.

"How about you?"

"Hm?"

"Are you... Are you interested in someone?"

"..."

"Uhm, or do you have someone that you're trying to know and get closer with?"

"Are you referring to Yeji?"

Ryujin sighed at Chaeryeong's failed attempt to be discreet, and finally turned to face her. Ryujin had her blank expression again, staring at her bestfriend with her eyebrows furrowed. Chaeryeong sheepishly smiled and nodded her head.

"Yeah, I'm talking about Yeji unnie. Where is she, by the way?"

"Sleeping... probably... Is Yuna and Jisu sleeping too?"

"Yeah, they got tired singing along to the movies..."

"Obviously."

Again, silence engulfed them, but Chaeryeong was eager to know a bit about Ryujin's thoughts. So she asked her,

"What do you think about Yeji unnie?"

A/N:

Honestly, I'm scared for this story HAHAHAHAHAHAHA idk but the emotional toll it had on me is soooooooo damn heavy 💀.