59

"Yeji?"

Silence.

Ryujin could feel the panic arise on her chest as her eyes darted around the four corners of the room, in search for a tall cat-eyed lady. When she failed to spot who she was looking for, her eyes brimmed in tears as she hurriedly removed the covers off her body, stumbling along the way as her limbs shook painfully from the force she was exerting. The days when she deprived herself of food and rest were finally taking toll on her body, yet all the physical pain she was feeling were shrugged off as she tried to look for her girl.

Meanwhile, the four girls were at the kitchen, busy preparing the foods and drinks for their small celebration that they failed to notice Ryujin standing by the kitchen path, looking at them with tired yet confused eyes.

"Lia unnie, pass me th— what the— ow! Ryujin unnie!"

"What? R-Ryujin! Why are you up so earl— h-hey, calm down..."

"I was so worried, I... I thought she took you away! I thought she was finally making her move to make my life miserable agai—"

"Shhh, its okay Ryuddaeng, I'm here. See? I'm alright, okay? Please don't cry..."

Ryujin buried her head on Yeji's neck as the latter securely wrapped her arms around her frail body, slowly rubbing her back to calm her down. Yeji mentally cursed herself for her lack of time management, and for the reason that she let Ryujin cry and get hurt again.

"Um... Ryu? We're sorry, it was actually us who took Yeji here for a bit."

"... why?"

"Because we wanted to celebrate something..."

"Celebrate? For what?"

"For us."

Ryujin looked up at Yeji with an innocent yet confused glint on her eyes, her rosy cheeks and pouting lips maked her look so cute that Yeji had to bit back the urge to kiss her right then and there. Ryujin mindlessly mumbled what Yeji said, as if she was trying to analyze what it truly meant.

"For us..."

"Yeah... But we haven't finished the preparations yet, so can you wait for a bit? You can sit here, so you can watch us work."

"... okay"

Yeji helped her stand up, before she let her sit on the kitchen stool. Before going back to work, Yeji took a tissue and slowly wiped Ryujin's tear-stained cheek with it, not minding the stare that Ryujin was giving her. When she was done, she gave her a small smile before leaning in to kiss her forehead.

"Just watch us, okay? We're almost done..."

Ryujin nodded, and Yeji smiled at her once again. The three who were watching the scene unfold in front of them couldn't help but smile too, especially Yuna. Ryujin has gone through so much and they knew that it will take a very long time for her to heal completely, but she'd come so far and right now, she was in a good state. For them, that's all that matters.

They, along with Yeji, just hope that they can protect that growing happiness in her. They truly hoped so.

A/N:

I'm showering you with fluffy chapters because.... 🤐🤐🤐