40

"Lia, why're we going back so early? I thought we're going to spend our short vacation here? Does it have something to do with what Auntie and Uncle said?"

"Yes, Yeji."

"Are... Are we in danger?"

"We will be if we stay here much longer. We have to go back, like, right now."

And so, the three of them were escorted out of the mansion. Yeji was hella confused, and both Lia and Chaeryeong noticed this. They sighed and turned to look at her, as if waiting for her questions to flow out.

"Explain, please."

"No full details. A crazy psycho is after Ryujin and uses Ryujin's loved ones and close friends to get her."

"What?!"

"Yes, that's why we have to be out of the Mansion cos surely, that'll be the first place they'd check on."

"How about Yuna and Ryujin?"

"They're safe, but both of them must be separated too. Don't worry, Uncle and Auntie are sending bodyguards to protect us and our families if ever things go south. Right now, all we can do is to remain vigilant. God knows what the psycho would do just to get Ryujin..."

"Is this the same reason why Ryujin was crying last night?"

"Yeji!"

"You saw us?"

Lia sent a glare to Yeji, but sighed and nodded at Chaeryeong's question. Now the two of them are under Chaeryeong's stern glare. Well, she really is Ryujin's bestfriend. They're both scary, Yeji thought.

"Seriously, I thought you knew better than that? You know Ryujin hates it when people tries to pry on her life, and the three of you never told me about this earlier."

"We didn't heard what you two were talking about, okay? And besides, we didn't told Yeji a thing about that."

"Told me about what?"

"Its something we can't tell. Let's just drop this topic, please, I'm too tired with all the bullshit happenings."

Both Lia and Yeji were surprised at Chaeryeong's heavy tone, and they decided to follow what the younger one said. Yeji figured that this was something that she's not supposed to know, but her curiosity always kicks in and she doesn't know how long she can keep it.

"See you around, Yeji! We'll hang out soon again, okay?"

"Yeah, bye..."

Yeji weakly waved at Lia, before the car she was on started moving. Yeji just arrived at her own apartment, and she did saw 6 men wearing suits just standing outside her place. Lia told her that those were the guards that the Shin family hired.

Until now, Yeji couldn't wrap her head around what was happening. It was all too sudden, and she felt so out of place. Who is this person that's after Ryujin? Is this person obsessed with her? Or does this person want to kill her?

"Argh fucking hell— that woman really spikes up my curiosity!"

Yeji groaned as she plopped on her bed, throwing her bags somewhere inside her room without much care.

Despite the frustration, Yeji was really worried. This was real, and there's a high chance that she and her family could be involved. What worried her the most was the thought of Ryujin being in danger. From seeing her cry to knowing that someone was after her, Ryujin just became more of a walking puzzle in Yeji's eyes.

"Fuck, I can't do this— they're gonna have to tell me what's happening, whether they like it or not."

A/N: Hi and bye!