43

"Ryujin-ah, would you like some more?"

"... yes, please."

Yeji carefully handed another piece of fried chicken towards Ryujin, letting the girl lean on her shoulder as they quietly ate at the living room.

Five days has passed ever since the four of them had an unplanned visit to Ryujin's condo, and Ryujin has been doing quite better ever since then. Yeji was the only one who had the guts to convince her, because the trio are still afraid to tell Ryujin what to do as they've all saw and experienced a very furious Ryujin before. Ryujin was actually complying obediently to Yeji, but there are still times where Yeji had to explain things calmly to her so she would understand that no one inside the room is going to hurt her.

Yeji stayed true to what she said— she really did became Ryujin's anchor.

"What would you like to do after eating?"

"Lay down..."

"Okay, but we'd still stay with you inside the room, okay?"

"... okay."

After a few more minutes, they finally finished eating and cleaning the area. The five of them went back inside Ryujin's room as Yeji carefully tucked her in bed, laying down beside her as she let the girl play with her hands.

During the days they spent together, Yeji has also been trying to have Ryujin talk about her past that the trio kept on mentioning. She was only a bit successful, as Ryujin would only tell her about one name: Nini. Every bits that Ryujin said always had that name in it. She found out that this Nini person was a girl, and was 5 years older than Ryujin.

Today, she's gonna push her luck again.

"Ryujin-ah, would you like to tell me more stories?"

"Stories?"

"Yeah, about Nini?"

"N-Nini?... I... I don't know..."

"Oh, it's fine if you don't want to. I can wait."

"N-No, I want to tell you, but I don't know where to start..."

Ryujin mumbled and pressed her cheek against her arm, now drawing patterns on her hand. Yeji realized that the girl was writing a word— NINI, and she was repeatedly writing it.

"R-Ryujin unnie...?"

"Hm?"

"Can I start the story?"

"O-Oh, you will?"

"Yeah, its time for us to know what truly happened..."

Yuna slowly walked towards the bed and sat beside her sister, before she gently took her hand and caressed it. Ryujin's hands were unbelievably cold, and Yuna knew what it meant. Her sister was afraid.

"Can I do it, Ryujin unnie? I'll only fill in with what I know, so you have to tell them the real story, okay?"

"Okay..."

Yuna softly smiled, before a sigh escaped her lips. Lia and Chaeryeong are now on the bed too, sitting on the further end as they waited for the Shin sister's story.

Oh, it was gonna be a long and painful story...

"I'm gonna start now."

A/N:

Everyone, I'd like to inform you that the flashbacks are kinda mature themed, and I need you to read it on your own risks, even tho I tried my best to write it as reader-friendly as possible. I would apply trigger warnings on the said chapters, so please be mindful of those.

"The story is far from done."

~ ryc