39

Yuna, Lia, and Yeji quickly went back to their rooms as soon as they saw the two finally heading in. Chaeryeong went back inside Yuna's room, whereas Ryujin decided to sleep on the guest room as to not disturb Yeji with her nightmare occurrences.

And so, the painful night has passed. All of them decided to forget what happened, or at least, they tried not to talk about it with Ryujin around.

"Good morning, unnies!"

"G'morning Yuna..."

Apparently, Mr. & Mrs. Shin had to leave for an early meeting at the company, leaving the 5 of them in the mansion. Luckily, it was their school break so they could spend so much time in the house for how long they want to.

"Too noisy, tone it down please."

"Oh c'mon, Lia, Yuna's just tryna brighten our day."

"It seems somebody woke up on the wrong side of the bed, Yeji unnie."

Yuna and Yeji snickered at Chaeryeong's remark, all three of them receiving a glare from the sleepy Lia. All of them just got out of their rooms and are now on the living room, well, all except Ryujin who just got down the stairs.

"Where's mom and dad?"

"They left for an emergency meeting, Ryujin unnie. Oh, good morning, by the way!"

"No breakfast yet?"

The four of them shook their heads, causing Ryujin to sigh and walk towards the kitchen. The Shin family didn't wanted to have a chef because they wanted to cook for themselves whenever they want to, and Ryujin owns the kitchen.

"Oh, let's go see Ryujin's kitchen!"

"Ryujin's kitchen?..."

"Yep! Ryujin unnie loves to cook and doesn't want any strangers going through the kitchen without her permission."

"Oh..."

Yeji's mouth formed an 'O' at the new found fact about Ryujin, yet again, Ryujin is full of surprises. Then the image of crying Ryujin passed by her mind, her heart feeling heavy just by the thought of it, so she instantly shook it off her system. All of them had a silent agreement to not talk about it, unless Ryujin herself opens up.

"Yuna, get off the counter."

"Oops, sorry unnie!"

"Why are you clinging on me? I can't cook!"

"Awe, but I want to hug you!"

Yuna seemed to be a bit more playful today, and more clingy to her sister. Then it dawned on Yeji that Yuna must be doing this to cheer her sister up after what she saw yesterday, all while trying to keep it a secret. Yeji wondered if Yuna knew the reason why Ryujin cried yesterday, despite the three of them not getting to clearly hear what Ryujin and Chaeryeong were talking about.

But why was Yeji so worried for Ryujin? Sure, they're friends now, but their friendship is very unstable and it seems that the only thing that's keeping them closer is sex. Yeji mentally scoffed at the memory of Ryujin fucking her brains out just a few hours earlier from her broken state.

"Yah, Yeji, why're you just standing there? C'mere and help us prepare the table."

Yeji snapped out of her thoughts and helped her friends, but her eyes were constantly glancing at Ryujin who was too busy cooking foods. She took note of how her eyes scanned each ingredient, how her eyebrows furrowed as she cut some vegetables, how her hands skillfully moves through the kitchenwares, and how serious she looked. Chef Ryujin sounds nice, Yeji thought.

"Food's ready."

"Yaaaayy! I missed your cooking, Ryujin unnie!"

"You're just hungry, Yuna."

And their breakfast passed by peacefully. But just like before, its always the calm before the storm...

"Mom? Dad? I thought you had an emergency meeting?"

"Where's Ryujin?"

"I'm here. What is it, Mom?"

"Dear, have you heard the news?"

Ryujin scrunched her eyebrows at her father's question, and slowly shook her head. Her parents looked at each other, before they walked towards where Ryujin was to hug her. Ryujim was surprised at the sudden show of affection, and she sent a confused look towards them.

"Ryujin-ah, she's free again... She just got out of prison..."

And just like that, Ryujin's world came crashing down once again.