63

Loud sounds of gunshots and things being thrown around were heard. Yeji slowly stood up as soon as she regained consciousness, looking around the place. Her ears were ringing as she tried to grasp the situation.

"Ryujin? Lia?"

No response.

"Chaeryeong-ah? Yuna-yah?"

Yeji's throat rasped as she tried to stand up. Ryujin's condo unit was a mess. Her things were trashed, a lot of the Shin family's bodyguard were sprawled on the floor, and most importantly, her friend's were nowhere to be found.

Jennie Kim was making her move.

"That's the last one, take her."

And before Yeji could react, a hand blocked her airways and in no time, she was passed out.

"Yeji unnie!"

Yeji groaned and forced her eyes to open, and she felt that someone was shaking her body. When she finally opened her eyes fully, she squinted as she tried to adjust to the blinding lights.

"Arghh..."

"Yeji, wake up! We gotta find Ryujin and get outta here!"

"R-Ryujin... No... Where is she?!"

Yeji's eyes widened as she forced her body to stand up despite her limbs shaking due to her bruises.

"Shit— where did they take her?!"

"Calm down first, okay? Let's not be rash. We haven't been in here for too long."

Yeji scanned the place and realized they were in a very unfamiliar room with no things pr furniture in it. Her heart hammered on her chest as she thought of all the possibilities of them being trapped here with the woman who's obsessed with her Ryujin.

"I can't calm the fuck down, Lia! She has Ryujin now! I can't sit here and wait for whatever will happen!"

"Yeji unnie! Please, the best thing we could do right is to lay low. We can't add up to Ryujin's burdens— we can't give up because it would kill her!"

Yuna exclaimed, completely losing her cool now. She had been through this, and she can't make the same mistake twice. No, she can't lose herself and the others to that monster and hurt her sister. Ryujin wouldn't want that.

Yeji was astounded at Yuna's outburst, and then she remembered what Chaeryeong told her a few days ago. She's Ryujin's weakness, she can't give up and leave herself open.

"... what can we do?"

"It may sound shitty, but we have to wait. If we try to burst out that door and escape, we won't stand a chance against those buffoons. Ryujin unnie... I'm worried about her, but I know she will hold her ground this time. We just have to make sure that Jennie will not have her way around us, especially you. If she finds out about you and Ryujin unnie, god knows what she will do."

"Fuck it. I'll kill her."

"Hwang Yeji, don't be rash. Think about the situation carefully."

Yeji couldn't contain her anger. Was she just supposed to wait here while Ryujin is somewhere out there, probably being tortured by that psycho? Yeji couldn't fathom how she could hold out like this— she had to do something. Anything.

Yuna looked at everyone of them, a gkint of sadness in her eyes. She looked at her left wrist and checked her watch, seemingly wary of something.

"Yeji unnie, I want you to deny everything about you and Ryujin unnie."

"What?!"

"Please, she can't know about you and Ryujin unnie!"

"No... I— Yuna, I can't do that."

"Yeji unnie, you have to. It would kill Ryujin to know that you got hurt because of her."

Chaeryeong spoke, placing a hand on Yeji's shoulder. That was the best shot they got right now to keep Yeji safe, and Ryujin from being tortured. It was the least they could do, and it was a shitty plan. They hated it— trying to save theirselves while Ryujin faces that woman on her own. But it was for the best.

"No time to chitchat, someone's coming."

And with what Lia said, everyone became alert. Yeji will finally meet the woman who made Ryujin suffer.