46 <Yuna's Flashback>

Trigger warning

I was 9

Ryujin unnie was 14

She was 19

"R-Ryujin unnie..."

I don't know how long it was since I've started crying, all I know was that this place was totally scary. Those guys were very mean too, saying that Ryujin unnie and Jennie were just playing a game that I shouldn't be in. Why? I'm also a kid! Kids love games! They even locked me up here with nothing and no one else to have fun with.

And they were really scary too— they were carrying toy guns around as if they were children. Those were toys, right?...

"Ryujin unnie!"

I beamed widely as soon as I saw my sister step inside the room I was in and ran towards her for a hug. Just seeing my sister was enough to cheer me up, she was like a light in my dark world. In an instant, my tears stopped flowing out of my eyes.

"Unnie, where were you? Those guys were really mean to me! Did you and Jennie playe—"

"I have to get you out of here, Yuna."

Ryujin unnie had this funny look on her face, but not that funny. It was an expression I never saw from her yet. She looked... empty? Can people look empty?

"But unnie, didn't Jennie said we can't go out yet?"

"I can't go out yet. You can, and we'll do that."

I was confused. Why can I go out but she can't? What game were they playing? Does it take days for it to finish? But I couldn't ask these questions as Ryujin unnie dragged me towards the bed, before she cuddled me. Awe, my sister is really sweet!

"Yuna... I love you..."

"I love you too, Ryujin unnie! So, what game were you and Jennie playing?"

A long silence engulfed us, before Ryujin unnie finally answered me. Her voice sounded a bit softer, it was like a whisper at some point. Was she tired?

"... hangman..."

"Hangman? Oh, that's an easy game!"

"... it isn't... I can't say a wrong answer or else..."

"The man will be hanging! I know that game, unnie!"

I looked up, but I was surprised when I saw tears flowing out of her eyes. I panicked and sat up, holding her small face on my hands. She was crying, but there was nothing in her eyes. No sadness. No anger. Just empty, again.

What is happening to my sister? Did she lost the game in a row?

"U-Unnie, why're you crying?! Did you lost?"

"... I did, Yun... I lost..."

"Its okay unnie, I'm sure you will win next time!"

I hugged her, and she quietly cried on my shoulder. Hmph, if only I could play with you unnie, then maybe we can win that game! Hours passed by, and the two of us fell finally asleep on each other's arms.

"We're finally going out!"

"Hm..."

Earlier, one of those ugly men told us that we're going out. They said we were going to the airport and ride a private plane! I'm sure Mom and Dad will finally be there to fetch us!