Part-65

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Yes they know....when i finalise a property they will fly down before i do the paperworks....they know this house is too small for it...." He said while serving the food.

"For what?" She asked frowning.

"Us to stay....you need to be comfortable....then there will be our kid....and what if we decide to keep a pet...." He said without realising and poured water into the glasses.

As soon as she heard him utter the words , her face broke out into a smile. The thought that he was having of making sure to build a future together made her heart so full.

"For us to stay this house is more than enough....even after we have kids and if we decide to have a pet...." She said softly.

And then it struck him. He had ended up saying it aloud. He closed his eyes and clenched his jaw. The last thing he wanted was to talk about this with Teja.

"Karan...." She kept her hand on his shoulder. "Relax...."

He turned and looked at her immediately. The constant fight with himself was getting too much for him to take.

"I don't need a bigger house for getting married to you....this is enough for us and for our kids...." She said softly and caressed his cheeks.

He kept staring at her not being to understand what to say.

"I know what you are thinking and screwing your mind up....there is no time for anything Karan....in a relationship you cannot judge anything by time....sometime you know a person is made for you in a day and sometime you spend a lifetime with a person and still the person seems like a stranger....and who told you that getting married will hamper my career?" She asked softly.

"How do you know?" He gulped and whispered.

"I saw the bill...." She said with a hopeless smile. Her sunny was a kid.

"What bill?" He frowned in confusion.

"The bill of the ring...." She said softly.

Karan gave an embarassed smile and his lips.

"No need of buying the house now....especially not for me...." She rolled her eyes.

"I want to...." He said softly. "Please don't stop me....and it's a good investment as well....or else i will keep spending money here and there...."

"Like shoes and cars and chaddis...." She rolled her eyes again and moved back.

"Whatever...." He said making a face.

"Can we go to punjab for my birthday?and not wait for next week?" She asked raising her brows.

"Uncle aunty?" He asked slowly.

"It's okay....a couple of years i was away for an outdoor shoot...." She said softly again her heart being full at his concern of her parents. The most important thing a girl wants is her partner's love , respect and concern for her parents.

He kissed her forehead.

"I'll get the tickets done...." He said softly.

"Just letting you know Karan....i don't want a grand proposal...." She said softly.

"What kind of a proposal do you want?" He asked smiling.

"Ideally a no proposal....just organically us getting married...." She said softly.

"When?" He asked immediately.

"If you are okay even next month...." She said looking into his eyes. She knew next month won't be possible. A lot of planning goes into a wedding and it needed time but she had to say it to make sure he knows that she was ready.

He smiled softly. He knew why she was saying it.

"In two years?we need to plan everything out just the way you want....the venue the food the outfit....everything should be perfect...." He said softly.

She nodded with a soft smile.

He went to his wardrobe room and came out with the box. He knelt down on both his knees in front of her as she was sitting on the couch and took the ring out. Her smile grew wider.

"So?you know i can't live with you....and even you cannot....i was just thinking about whether it was right to force what i want right now on you....because you are younger....you are at the peak of your career....and we have been together since 10-11 months....i thought it would be so soon....but i know what you said a few moments back is so right....sometime even a forever seems less to know a person and sometimes just a day is enough....all i know is i want no life where you are not there Teja....come to the house and make it a home....our home....marry me...." He said looking into her eyes.

She knelt down on both her knees in front of him and nodded softly.

He made her wear the ring and kissed her forehead and she hurled herself on him while hugging him making him fall back on the ground on his hips. He pulled her closer to himself and closed his eyes.

Finally he was at peace.

They had no idea how long they stayed like that.

After what seemed like an eternity they got up and had their dinner.

After dinner Teja sat in the balcony on the swing and Karan came with two glasses of wine.

She got up and he sat on the swing and she sat on his lap.

He took his phone out from the pocket of his shorts and entwined their hands and clicked a picture of their hands with her ring.

They clicked their glasses saing cheers and he quickly uploaded the picture with a caption.

She is a million different inspirations bundled in a single soul.... the first time I met her, she opened the blues of my heart.... and with time she opened the doors to show me the bright yellow.... She is everything I wish I had in my life and now that she said "yes" we have each other for a lifetime.... Our journey from what we were seeking to what our heart desires.... Now and forever.... Till the end of time....

NOTE: This was the last chapter. I will come up with an epilogue in a day or two. I cannot be enough grateful for the love this story got from you all. A thank you will be so less and how. Loads of love.