Part-62

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Let's go to your place and celebrate new year?i don't want uncle aunty alone...." Karan told Teja as she made coffee for them in the kitchen. It was 31st december and this time both made sure that they got the time alone.

"But mumma papa went to their friend's place for a get together...." She came out with two mugs of coffee and sandwiches.

She went to the dining table and came back with a glass of water and his medicines. His injury was more or less fine still his medicine doses were not over and neither did Teja let him join the shoot. He had to rest and she made sure that he did.

"It's 31st and i cannot believe i am drinking coffee...." He made a face and she looked at him strictly.

"Strict diet....proper healthy food and medicine on time or else i will call whom?" She raised her brows.

"Mumma...." He made a face and sipped the coffee.

"Have the sandwich...." She gave him the plate.

"Yaar....chicken wicken daalna chahiye...." He said after taking a bite.

"Haan in dinner you will get chicken stew...." She said settling down beside him on the couch.

"Laddoo i don't have an upset stomach just for your information...." He said looking at him.

"But you are having medicines with heavy doses so it is better to have light food....even i am having the same food nuh?why are you cribbing?" She ran her fingers through his hair.

He smiled softly at her touch. The last four days were difficult for him. Since Teja stayed with him , all he could think of making her stay with him forever. Whenever he saw her making something in the kitchen his heart felt full. He would feel elated when his cook would come and ask her about what to cook , it made him feel that the house belonged to them where she took the decisions. He would watch her water the plants and sometime when he would sleep she would sit in the balcony on the swing and listen to music. She would align the cushions properly on the couch. She would keep the remote of the AC in its place. She threw away all the drinks from his fridge because he was on medication. She would open the door to take the milk and newspaper every morning. She turned the house into a home.

But it kept bothering him. Because he knew that the way his mind has launched itself in the direction of marriage was wrong because she was too young for it. And they were only together for a few months. He had no doubt about the depth of their feelings but that is not how things work. He didn't want to get married so soon obviously but he wanted to talk about it. But even talking about it would be too soon.

"Sunny where are you lost?" She shook him a bit when she saw him zoned out.

He came of of his reverie and shook his head.

"No nothing...." He muttered and finished his sandwich.

"Sunny i have been noticing you since a couple of days....what is bothering you?" She turned her body to face him.

"Nothing i was just thinking that for me the shoot is getting delayed...." He said sipping his coffee.

"I asked you once that do not lie to me....tell me honestly that Teja i cannot share this as of now and i will be fine with it...." She said seriously.

"Yaar not tonight....it's our first new year...." He wrapped his arms around her neck from behind and made her lean on his chest. "Okay so basically i was thinking how soon is too soon?"

"Huh?" She asked confused.

"In a relationship....how soon is too soon?" He said looking at her face.

"In what way?" She asked frowning.

"Regarding the different phases of the relationships....different steps...." He said softly.

"You mean intimacy then engagement and then eventually marriage if they want a committed relationship ending in marriage right?not insinuating that everybody should marry but is that what you are asking?" She asked looking into his eyes.

He nodded.

"What has got time to do with it?yes you need time to know each other and then eventually each other's friends family and whether you fit in each other's life....like if you think that way arrange marriages are still a thing....people go out for a year after their families make them meet and they do get married right?so i think it is just in our head....we have made this rule that it's so soon...." She said looking at him.

"When will you be ready for  marriage?" He asked immediately.

"Are you asking me out?" She raised her brows.

"No no....don't freak out....i am just asking you have you planned anything?when do you want to get married...." He said slowly.

"Yeah may be some 8-9 years down the line...." She said controlling her chuckle. She wanted to see his reaction.

He nodded softly.

"You are okay with it?i mean not suggesting you will want to get married to me...." She said casually. "But still i mean....you are cool with it?"

"Hmm....i am 37 and still unmarried....why won't i be cool if you become 37 and then decide to marry?" He said caressing her hair.

"So you need to find a girl then...." She teased.

"Why?" He frowned.

"To get married....i am toh out of question then....not that you ever said i was in question...." She shrugged her shoulder.

"If you are okay with marrying someone like me eventually....after 8-9 years....then why do i need to find someone else?" He frowned.

She smiled softly.

"Itna pyaar karta hai sunny mujhse?" She asked in her baby voice and he kissed her cheeks.

"If you want i would want to marry you....no hurry....i can wait till whenever you ask me to wait...." He kissed her forehead.

"I was joking about 8-9 years....wanted to see your reaction...." She chuckled.

"Then what is the actual answer?when do you want to get married?" He frowned.

"When you ask me...." She shrugged.

"Tere piyo se bhi nahi puchunga...." He rolled his eyes as they heard fire crackers light the sky.

It was 12. New year. Their first new year.

"Happy new year laddoo...." He said softly tucking her hair behind her ear.

"Happy new year sunny...." She said softly and kissed him.

He laid down on the couch and pulled her over himself holding her waist as they kissed each other as if there was no tomorrow.