Part-9

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

They say you dream what your brain thinks subconsciously. She looked out of the window of her car as her driver drove her to the set. She refused to believe that she was thinking about it subconsciously. It must be because she was shooting with him. She kept convincing herself to reduce the guilt. For her relationships were pure. And she would be the last person causing problem in someone else's relationship. Or be that person who was secretly wanting someone else's guy.

She closed her eyes. Life was so complicated. Why did life had to put her up with a situation which she wanted to avoid dearly.

She remembered him denying having anything with Vidhi. But who accepts relationship in front of a third person. Or may be they were not in a relationship yet. But they had feelings for one another. Why was she being the other girl? Vidhi was a sweetheart and Teja really got along with her. That is the last thing she would do to such a good friend. Or for that matter to any girl , intentionally. She hated herself for feeling this way. And she knew this was just the start. The show would go on for a while and their scenes will also increase as the love story between the characters will pick up pace. She leaned back and closed her eyes.

"Ma'am we are here...." She came out of her reverie hearing her driver's voice. She smiled at him and got down and saw Karan walking towards the vanity. He smiled widely seeing her and waved at her. She smiled a little a waved back and went to her vanity.

*****

Teja sat on the terrace of the 21st floor building and closed her eyes feeling the breeze. They were shooting a sequence there. The unit had arranged for a few couches there so that the actors could be comfortable there.

Karan finished his solo take and looked at her. She was rubbing her fingers on her temple. Did she have a headache? He quickly told the spot boy to get him a tea and a black coffee.

Should he go to her?she seems to be enjoying her alone time. He thought to himself. Right from the morning she was off. Really off. When he had smiled and waved at her she had given a bare minimum smile. That was so unlike Teja. She was always high on energy. Jumping laughing and hugging people. She had the hugest smile while greeting everyone. She was just not herself. Was she well?the shoot was hectic for sure. They hardly got holidays. Looks like she has a headache.

The spot boy came and handed him the tea and coffee in the middle of his thoughts. May be he could just go and give the coffee to her. That won't hurt much. And he won't be disturbing her. She can obviously have her me time.

He walked towards her and stood in front of her.

"Hey....bholu?" He said chuckling to lighten her mood.

She looked up and shook her head hopelessly with a soft chuckle.

"Black coffee...." He handed her the mug.

"Omi ordered by mistake even today?" She asked raising her brows. She had asked it innocently but Karan could feel his cheeks heat up and turn red.

It was better to say the truth or else he would look like a fool.

"No i asked them to bring it for you....and chai for me...." He sat on the couch beside hers. He could have easily sat beside her but he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. "I thought you had a headache....so coffee might help...."

"How do you know?" She asked raising her brows.

"You were rubbing your temple...." He said casually. And you looked off since the morning. He so wanted to ask her what was the matter but that would be invasion of privacy.

Teja nodded and took a sip of coffee. Even simba had come and asked her if she was fine or not. Because she didn't look good since morning. But this guy cannot ask. Why would he?who was she?just a normal costar and a casual friend. Not even a close friend. They never spoke alone. They always hanged around in groups. Everything that she knew about him was either from the internet or from the stories that he had shared when the entire group would sit together.

She looks so lost. Should he just ask her what was wrong?will that be too much. What if she didn't like him asking that?he thought to himself and sipped his tea.

"Teju?" He asked slowly.

"Hmm?" She looked at him to see him with a frown. He was restless. Something was bothering him for sure.

"Do you...." Before he could complete his sentence Vidhi came and sat on the hand rest of Karan's couch.

"Chai....give me a sip...." She said like a kid.

Karan chuckled and passed his cup to her.

Teja saw his frown go as soon as Vidhi had come.

"Eeww....so low on sugar...." Vidhi made a face and gave his cup back to him.

"I drink chai and not chasni like you do...." He said rolling his eyes and asked the spot boy to get Vidhi a cup of tea with more sugar.

A moment back he was so restless. And now he was smiling and had relaxed. That was the affect Vidhi had on him. Only if she knew why he was restless.

Teja didn't even wanna hide the annoyance she felt at the moment. She wanted to have that conversation with him. She wanted to finish the coffee while chatting with him. But Vidhi was her friend as well. A pretty close friend. She was annoyed with herself for being annoyed with Vidhi coming there. That is not what you feel for a friend. You cannot be annoyed whe your friend comes to join you for tea. She felt extremely frustrated with herself. What has this guy made her into?she felt that her head will burst with confusion. She looked at Karan and Vidhi who were joking about something she had not paid heed to. They were laughing their hearts out. She kept the coffee cup on the floor beside the couch and got up.

"I will take a leave...." She said looking at them.

"Arrey why Teju....sit nuh...." Vidhi said with a pout.

"I need to use the washroom...." She said with a small smile and then looked at him. He was looking at her.

Karan knew why she had got up. She wanted to give him and Vidhi space. She had mentioned previously also once or twice to have a nice time with Vidhi and also noticed her leaving whenever Vidhi came to join them. She still thought that he was into Vidhi? He looked at her going away and closed his eyes. Why can't she believe him when he clearly told her that there was nothing of that sort with Vidhi?he sighed and sipped his tea.