Part-51

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

"Good....you know what Tejasswi?let's take a break....and sort our head...."

She opened her eyes and looked at him. He just didn't say it right? She must have heard him wrong.

"Huh?" She questioned in a reflex.

"Let's take a break and sort our head first...." He said with a low voice this time. The first time he had said it , he had done it before he could understand what he was doing. And then it had hit him. He had looked at her face to gauge her expression. It was of confusion. And the next time he said it again. He didn't know why. May be out of ego. Ego of sticking to his words. Sticking to what he had said a few seconds back. And before he could know he was entangling himself in a world of self made complications.

"Are you sure?" She asked looking into his eyes.

He didn't say anything. He took a glass of water and had a sip.

"Karan are you sure?about this break thing?" She asked again.

"It's better that way....we are messing things up....getting hurt....hurting each other....my head is bursting...." He said not meeting her eyes. He didn't know why he was scared to look into her eyes.

"Okay...." She whispered.

He looked at her immediately. Did she just agree? Did she just agree on taking a break? The first time he had said it without thinking. The second time out of ego to stick to his decision and to not look confused. But he was sure that she will give him a slap to say the least. He was sure she would roll her eyes and go to the kitchen to grab ice cream from the freezer. And here she was agreeing to him?

"When you are sorted in your head....message me....may be...." She said looking at him.

"You too...." He gulped his saliva.

She turned and walked to the door and started to wear her shoes.

His brain send him warning signals. Damage control.

"I'll drop you...." He said urgently and walked towards her.

"No it's okay....i came in a cab i can go as well...." She said calmly.

"No it's fine i'll drop you...." He said looking at her.

"No need Karan....this is not how a break works i hope you know that...." She chuckled sarcastically.

"I just said we need to sort our heads that doesn't mean we will stop caring for each other...." He snapped at her.

"Are you even listening to what you are saying?" She asked in disbelief.

"Very well...." He said immediately.

"No you don't....you broke up with me a few minutes back and now you want to drop me home and you think I 'll let you do that?what do you think of me exactly huh?" She frowned and asked angrily.

"I did not break up with you....so stop saying that will you?" He held her hand.

She jerked his hand away.

"Don't....you cannot okay?" She warned him. "And this is how it is done in a decent way....i am not a fool neither am i kid....i know what taking a break means...."

"Listen you are taking all this in a wrong way...." He said calmly. This was the only way to get away from this situation. To make her understand that he didn't mean it as a breakup. He didn't mean anything at all. He had just said something in anger and he kept validating it and it kept spiralling.

"No I am not....you said something clearly and i understood it by the dictionary meaning....and if you want that you will get that...." She tried hard to fight back her tears. No she cannot cry. Not in front of him. Who just asked for a break. She cannot let him see how broken she felt from inside. She cannot let him see how much he affected her. He knew all of it and still he did this. So now she cannot be broken in front of him and make it look like she was begging for him which she was from her inside.

His head was hurting. He didn't know what had happened. It was a domino affect.

All he wanted was he pampering him and he had no idea why he was like this. Why he always said things he didn't mean. Why he always said things to get a reaction out of her. While clearly it could backfire and it did.

"Bye...." With that she closed the door after going out.

He went to the couch and threw the water bottle that was lying on the centre table on the floor with force. The cap of the bottle broke and water spilled on the floor.

He sat on the couch with his palm covering his face and his elbows resting on his knees.

This was not how he had wished their first Christmas together. One stupid fight. Unreasonable fight and things spiralled into a haywire.

Teja sat in the cab and broke down. She sobbed with her palm covering her face. She knew the driver was looking at her through the rear view mirror in confusion but at that moment she didn't want to care. She knew the driver would have recognised her and it can lead to another set of new articles if he decided to say something out on the social media.

For once she didn't care. When you are in the eye of the storm you don't care about what the weather report is on TV. You care about the storm and only the storm. She cried into her palm till the time her tears dried out. She had no clue how she would live without him. She had no clue how to deal with this feeling. She had no clue how to stay strong. How to reduce the heaviness in her chest.