Part-14

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan sat in his car and sighed. The day was hectic. He rubbed his temple and leaned back on the seat.

"Parvez we have to pick Omi up on the way back to home...." He said and closed his eyes. He took out his phone and frowned immediately.

What was this message?

You didn't have to lie Karan. I wouldn't have judged you.

When did he lie?what did he do?he sat straight.

What do you mean? He replied back immediately. The message had a single tick. She was offline. Shit. What has he done?he had already started to panic.

"You went to meet Nishant right?what are these pap videos with Sanjana?" Omi asked as soon as he sat inside the car.

Realisation hit Karan. So this was what she was talking about. No way he can allow her to misunderstand him.

"Why are you quiet?what are you thinking?" Omi turned back to look at him.

"Nothing...." He muttered and dialled her number. She didn't pick up the call.

He sighed and leaned back again.

Omi decided not to say anything. He clearly was not okay.

Karan reached home and freshened up and sat in his balcony and dialled her again. She still didn't pick up the call. It was the fourth time that her phone went unanswered.

He checked the time. It was 1:34 at night. And sleep was far from his eyes.

He thought to visit her house. But that would be too much. But he was not being able to control his panic and anxiety.

He called her again although he knew that she won't pick the call.

"Yes Karan...." He jolted hearing her voice. He sighed and closed his eyes. Finally he could feel air in his lungs.

"Teja....where were you?neither are you replying nor are you picking mu call?" He said restlessly.

"Was busy with my parents...." She said keeping it short and to the point. Her voice was formal. So unlike Teja.

"Teja....what was that message about?you have to listen to me first....i did not lie...." He said urgently.

"Karan relax....you need not tell me all this....i am sorry for the message....i didn't intend to bother you...."

"Shut up okay?" He said softly. "You did not bother me....listen to me first....i know you saw some videos of me papped with sanjana...."

Before he could complete she cut him off.

"Karan i do not want to listen to it....i know how things work....i am not a kid babah....and who said you did anything wrong....it is just that lies pisses me off....especially if it is an unnecessary lie....you didn't have to lie to me....i was just pissed about that....and i am still pissed...." She said somehow controlling her hurt. She didn't want to show him anything else other than that.

"Teja can you please let me talk?" He said slowly. He hated how things were going. She cannot end up believing that he was dating someone.

"I don't want to listen to anything....i know there is nothing to listen...." She said seriously.

"Fine....see you tomorrow...." He said slowly and disconnected the call.

Great. Just great. She wanted him to speak up despite whatever she was saying. But he disconnected the call. Really?