Part-59

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja was getting her makeup done in the greenroom when Karan came inside. It was a couple of days after christmas.

"Good morning...." He kissed her hair softly and sat on the bed and she gestured her makeup artist to leave them alone for a second.

Her team went outside.

"Tu ready ho gaya?" She went and sat on his lap and kissed his nose as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yes....i have a shot to give before you...." He said while playing with her hair.

"New years eve we are spending at home okay?alone...." She said softly.

"Finally...." He rolled his eyes. "We will be at your place okay?i don't want uncle aunty to be alone that day also...."

She smiled lovingly and nodded. That's how much he cared for her parents.

"Chal laddoo i'll have to go....time for my shot...." He said kissing her forehead and she stood up allowing him to get up.

They hugged each other and he went out as she resumed her hair and makeup.

Teja was reading her lines and was waiting for someone to call her when the shot was ready when her manager came to her vanity.

"Teja there is a change in the scene....you will do this scene...." She gave her a fresh script.

Teja took the script and went through it.

"With Vidhi and Simba?what about the scene with Karan?" She asked and started to go through the script.

"I think that will be shot later...." She said with a small smile.

Teja looked at her. Her voice seemed unsure.

"What happened?is there an issue?" She asked frowning.

Her manager shook her head immediately.

"Is Karan's shot done?" She got up and took her phone.

"Where are you going?it is extremely sunny outside....the heat it too much...." She said immediately.

"No i'm going to Karan's vanity....that's why i asked is his shot done?"

"I don't think it is done...." She said unsurely.

Teja looked at her face for a couple of seconds.

Something was off and she knew it.

"What is it that you are hiding?" She asked seriously. She was in no mood for jokes.

"Nothing Teja it's...." Before her manager could finish Teja cut her off.

"I am in no mood jokes....tell me....i'll call Omi...." She was about to dial his number.

"He is busy don't call now...." She said immediately.

"Will you please speak up?" She asked raising her voice.

"Karan had a small accident...." She said slowly.

Teja's heart sank in her ribs. She felt dizzy and her knees felt weak.

"Acc...accident?wh....what accident?where?" She fumbled with her words but finally managed to ask. Her throat had gone dry and she almost had a brain fade.

"During the scene....it was an action sequence....the harness he was tied to snapped and he fell...." She didn't even complete the sentence when Teja collapsed on the bed and took in a sharp breath. Her breathing has gone shallow and she found it difficult to inhale. Her eyes had started to water and her entire body shivered.

"Don't worry he is fine....minor injury...." She immediately went to Teja and held her shoulder.

"Where's he?" She asked in a choked voice.

"They took him to the hospital...." She said slowly and Teja shut her eyes and sobbed. "He asked not to tell you....so i was...."

"And all of yoh thought you could hide it from me?" She stood up and screamed with tears. "He really thought I won't get to know?you people actually listened to his bullshit and tried to hide it from me?"

She frantically wiped her tears and called Omi. He didn't answer. She realised that he must be busy with Karan.

"Which hospital?" She asked and took her bag.

"Teja listen to me....you stay here....if he sees you there he is gonna get more worked up....he categorically told everyone not to let you know anything till the time he is back....he wanted to talk to you himself...." She said calmly.

"I do not care....he had to be taken to the hospital it is that serious and you want me to sit here?really?" She screamed at her.

"Teja please calm down....he will be fine...." She rubbed her back and made her have a sip of water.

"Where did he get hurt?from where did he fall?" She asked with her lips quivering.

"Shoulder and hand....from about 15 feet....thankfully he fell on a table first....it broke and then on floor...." She said slowly.

She shut her eyes and gulped.

She knew her driver was not there. Karan dropped her every night after shoot.

"Which hospital?" She whispered. Her voice had given in. So had her body. She felt her body going numb.

Her manager told her the name and Teja booked a cab quickly. The estimated time of arrival was about 10 minutes.

"I'll come with you....he will be extremely upset if he figures out you went there like this alone...." She said holding her hand.

"How can he hide this from me...." She sat on the bed and covered her face with her palm and sobbed.

"You know how much he wants to protect you from everything right?he doesn't want you to be worked up....he would have obviously told you but after the treatment was done....so that you worry less....he knew you would react like this...." She held her shoulder.

"I will see how he reacts if something like this happens to me....how he reacts if i hide it from him...." She said with her choked voice.

She checked her phone. The cab was almost there. She quickly took her bag and ran out with her manager following her.