Part-18

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan wanted to vanish at that moment.

"So Mr. Kundrra?what is with the donut story?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"Since we were giving interviews together your topics came under my youtube feed and so I watched a few of your vlogs...." He muttered.

"Okay I believe you...." She laughed loudly and he glared at her.

"That's the truth...." He rolled his eyes.

"Yes that is why I am saying the I believe you...." She chuckled.

"Now please stop embarassing me...." He said shyly.

"Wait a minute...." She quickly took her phone out from her bag and searched his name with roadies on youtube. She clicked on the first video and showed it to him.

"Yeh tu hi hai nuh?same person nuh?" She frowned.

He looked at her and glared again.

She laughed holding her stomach.

"So which one is the real you?" She asked raising her brows with a teasing smile.

"Both...." He said honestly. "If i need to be rude and strict I can do it....i can be like that....i have anger issues as well....i cannot control my anger and end up saying things to people which i shouldn't say....also i am possessive about my people....it does stem from insecurity....i hate to even think that my people can put someone else ahead of me....it makes me question my self worth....that whether i am good enough or not....i sulk most of the time....also i need attention....from my close people....and sometime i do stupid things just for attention from them....i am shy....mostly i cannot ask for things....i might get hurt silently but still not end up asking or saying things....i am very bad with words....most of the time you won't find me talk....i cannot tell people what i feel....i show them with gestures....this is me...." He said honestly. He wanted her to like him for who he was. He didn't want to pretend to be anything else just to make her fall for him. If she had to like , she had to like the flawed him. The real him.

She kept staring at him without having anything to say. The more she was getting to know him the more she was sure that she wanted someone like him. Not someone , only him. But she was scared. She knew he liked her back but what if it was just a casual liking from his end?because she was falling for him hard.

"I am not good with words....neither with actions...." She chuckled to make the air lighter. "For people i am just a kid....a chirpy little kid who jumps around and makes people laugh...." She smiled softly and he did too. Her smile was infectious.

"I know you are vulnerable....soft hearted....just that there are walls around you....walls of anger , walls of a straight face , walls of laughter...." He said softly.

She looked at him immediately. How does he know.

He continues as if reading her thoughts.

"The way you do not talk to people on the first meet is the first sign of that....you want to protect yourself....you are conscious that people shouldn't take your innocence and childishness as clingy or dramatic....so you weigh people before you decide to be yourself...." He smiled remembering their first meet. "Well Vidhi pointed it out to me in a subtle way to be honest but i have observed it from then....may be you gelled with simba before you gelled with me because you thought that i was a casanova or a play boy whatever...." He chuckled.

"I didn't think that....i have been in this industry for too long to understand what is written on the internet cannot be believed to judge a person....and i didn't judge you....yes i gelled with simbuda before you because first you are a big name so i was not sure if you would be a proud superstar or not...."

He couldn't control his laughter. Teja smiled softly seeing him laugh.

"I wanted to ask you something...." She said softly.

He nodded gesturing her to continue.

"The other day when those articles came....why were you so upset?i mean why do you let people convince you that you are bad person?" She asked slowly.

"When things are being said about you repeatedly you will end up believing those....even if i don't believe it....what can i do to change it?"

"Can't you speak up and ask people why do they say it?even if in an interview they say something while let's say introducing you, suggesting that you are a casanova or whatever why do you laugh along?cut them off immediately and ask them why would they say it?" She said frowning.

"And then?what next?" He asked chuckling.

"Tell them....point out to them that you had two public relationships since the time you are in the industry....and both were long term....so what makes you a casanova?you actually stuck to your partners for quite longer than other actors do with all due respect to them....relationships might end....that is normal....breakup is not a problem Karan....breakup is a solution to a problem....if two people are not happy with each other it is in the best interest to move on rather than being stuck in an unhappy relationship....but you did have pretty long relationships....so what makes them convince you that you are a playboy?just by the characters that you played or the way you dress and the way you pose in front of the media?it doesn't even make sense...."

Karan stared at her blankly. Nobody. Nobody has ever told him this. And it made him feel good. She had logic and she was saying everything on point. Nobody defended him like this. Not even he himself.

"Thanks....for making me believe that i am not wrong...." He said after a silence. She smiled softly.

"So will you ever doubt yourself again?you will speak up right?" She asked softly.

"I will speak up....i promise you...." He said smiling softly. "I need tea...." He sighed and checked the time. It was 2:46. "Shit....i will drop you first....i promised uncle and it is already too late...."

"We can have tea first....trust me Karan papa won't mind....you are the first guy he was so relaxed sending me out at night alone....group of friends are different....may be because you were the first guy who went and asked him before taking me out for dinner....time won't matter...." She said softly. She wanted to stay with him. It felt so good. The night breeze. The sound of the waves. Soft music and them.

He nodded softly.

"I will see if they make coffee...." He said pointing at a tea stall.

"I will have tea...." She said softly making him look at her. "I think i like being old now...." She chuckled and he shook his head hopelessly and got down. He came back with two glasses of tea. She opened the door and he sat inside and handed one glass to him.

"Karan Kundrra drinks tea from tea stall?" She asked raising her brows.

He glared at her. She was just teasing him. She knew he loved roadside stalls.

They sipped their tea.

Sab gaate hai,
Sab hi madhosh hai
Hum tum kyun khamosh hai
Dil mein joh baatein hai
Hothon pe laao na
Aao na, aao na, aao na, aao na

"You like romantic songs?" She asked looking at him as the song played in the music system. He nodded softly. Not a lot of guy would admit that , she thought to herself.

Sun sako dhadkane
Itne paas aao na
Sab gaate hai
Sab hi madhosh hai
Hum tum kyun khamosh hai
Ab mere sapno pe
Tum hi tum chhaho na
Aao na, aao na, aao na, aao na

They sat in silence. Soaking into everything. Soaking into each other. Music filled their ears and they knew there was no going back. For both of them.