Part-12

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Lunch? Teja pinged him.

He was in his vanity when he read the message and his face lit up immediately. Yesterday he had a full fledged plan on how to have lunch together but his brain was not working today. He could not repeat the plan. He was in his vanity occupied with this thought as she was shooting for her solo scene. And he got her message. He wanted to do a mini dance but Omi was sitting there in front of him and the last thing Karan wanted now was getting teased by him and then messages going to all his friends and all of them teasing him together.

Sure. My vanity or yours? He pinged back. And then it struck him. Omi was here. If she would come he would tease him. The situation would end up the same , just like if he would have danced. He mentally slapped himself.

Yours? She pinged back. It was clearly too late. He cannot refuse now. She will either mind or find something fishy.

Okay come over quickly I am unpacking my lunch then. He replied back and started to open his lunch box.

"Teja is coming here to have lunch...." Karan said without looking at Omi.

"You want me to leave?" He asked with a teasing tone.

"I never said that...." He said immediately and looked at him sternly.

"No no I will anyway leave....I have a few calls to make...." He got up.

"To Jess?about this lunch thing...." He raised his brows.

"Well may be...." He winked.

His friends were behaving as if it was his wedding.

They heard a knock.

"Must be bhabi....i mean Teja...." He opened the door and smiled politely at her. She smiled back politely and went in.

"I'll leave now...." Omi said and was about to leave when they heard her.

"Why?have lunch with us...." She said frowning.

"No no I have a few calls to make...." He said immediately.

"If it's feasible to make the calls after sometime then do it later nuh....have lunch now...." She said firmly this time.

Karan gestured Omi to sit with them. Refusing Teja was not a good idea and Karan had understood it by now.

Teja distributed her lunch in three plates and Karan did the same and they started to eat.

Teja chatted happily and so did Omi. By the end of the lunch Teja and Omi knew everything about each other. Starting from what cuisines they liked , how irritating one of Teja's neighbours were , how the pet of Omi's neighbour would pee in his door every morning , what was the name of the chai wala in the corner of the street leading to Teja's house. Everything. Karan felt dizzy with the amount of information. One more chatterbox added in his team he thought and sighed.

Teja went to the washroom to wash her hands when Karan looked at Omi rolling his eyes.

"What?" Omi asked raising his brows.

"Yeh kya tha?" Karan asked making a face.

"Conversation.... Something in which you suck...." He said shrugging his shoulder.

"I know her since a month and we didn't speak so much and you know her since fifteen minutes and what was this?" He still couldn't fathom it.

"I like her as my bhabi...." He said casually.

"Shut up she is in the washroom and can come out any moment...." He whispered immediately.

"Even better....aaj hi baat pakki karte hai...." He said laughing.

"What is the joke?" Teja came out wiping her hand with a tissue.

"Nothing...." Karan said immediately. "Omi did you make the calls?" Karan wanted him to go or else he would spill everything right now.

"Oh yeah the calls...." Omi said smiling naughtily at him and went out.

"Your team is so fun....i love him already...." Teja said happily and picked up her bag. "Chalo see you for the next shot....i have to get ready...." And with that she went out.

Karan sat on the bed and sighed. The last half an hour was a frenzy for him in his quiet life. But he liked it. It made him smile and it was a happy smile full of content.

*****

"How dare he....such irritating people all around I tell you and he had the guts to blame my driver....mere saamne hota toh dikha deti...." She huffed angrily and walked out of the set with Karan walk behind her quietly. He wanted to say something but clearly it was not a good time to say anything. So he decided to keep quiet.

Somebody had bumped his car into Teja's car and then had blamed her driver for parking it in a wrong place. Teja was angry as hell listening to it. Her driver had taken the car to mechanic but what angered him was the man who had done this shit.

"Teja i think...." He started to talk but before he could say anything she cut him off.

"This is the problem with a lot of men you know....that they never acknowledge their mistake....and sorry bolne se toh jaise unko maut aati hai...." She said angrily and looked at him to find him looking at her with shock. "No i am not talking about you....a lot of men i said...."

"I know...." He said immediately. "It will be...." Again she cut him off.

"And he had the audacity to tell my driver that he parked at the wrong place?bloody idiot...." She took out her phone to book a cab.

"I'll drop you...." He said and thanked his lucky stars that she had let him finish one sentence finally.

"No no...." She said immediately. "You will have to take a long route....i am comfortable with cabs rickshaw everything....don't worry...."

"Teja it won't be a problem really....i will drop you....come on....i insist...." He said politely.

"Okay...." She said awkwardly.

"Oye bholu....really it won't be a problem....come...." They walked till his car. Omi was seating at the backseat as Karan preferred sitting in the passenger seat. Seeing Teja Omi got down.

"Hi teju bhai...." He said happily.

"Hello Omi...." She waved at him happily and Omi sat in the passenger seat and Teja and Karan took the backseat.

"Meet Parvez....Parvez this is Tejasswi...." Karan introduced them to each other. "Parvez is the reason I am late....most of the time...." He said looking at Teja.

Parvez had his mouth hanging. Excuse me?

"Don't lie Kundri....he looks innocent....you are the one creating a fuss and blaming people...." Teja looked at Karan and rolled her eyes.

Omi laughed and Parvez giggled.

Karan made a face. He knew where this was going. This girl had not only captured his heart but will soon capture his entire life. Nice. Bring it on.