Part-50

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja came upstairs and sat on the couch in the living area. It was around 2:30 and everybody had left. She checked her phone for any message from him but unfortunately there was none. A part of her told that he had no urgent work. He had left in anger but she knew that it was not even her fault. He cannot probably do that to her.

Why was he like this?what was the issue to speak up?can't he understand that talking about a problem makes things easier?

She sighed and booked a cab for his place. The estimated arrival time was 7 minutes. She quickly went to her mother's room. She was sleeping but Teja knew she had to inform her before leaving because by chance if she wakes up to not find Teja at home , she will panic instantly.

"Mumma...." She whispered in her ears and her mother opened her eyes.

"Mumma everyone has left....i am going to Karan's place....i have booked a cab don't worry...."

Her mother sat up and caressed her hair.

"Be careful okay?it's quiet late...."

Teja nodded lovingly.

"I hope his work is done by now...." She muttered as she stood up.

"He had no work...." Her mom said looking at her.

Teja looked back at her. So she was right. He had no work. He was just upset or angry or whatever. And obviously non confrontational. Great.

She didn't say anything and went downstairs.

She reached his place by 3:10 and paid the fare. She got down to see him getting down in car in the parking.

He saw get get down the cab and stopped.

Teja quickened her pace and reached him.

"Where are you coming from?" She frowned at him.

"Was just driving around the city...." He replied honestly.

"And the so called urgent meeting that Omi got you into?" She chuckled sarcastically.

"Why are you here?" He asked rudely.

"Excuse me?you left my house lying and now you are asking me why am i here?" She asked frowning.

Karan looked at the security of the building who was looking at them.

"Come upstairs....i don't want to create a scene here...." He went upstairs and she followed.

She could see a box in his hand and she recognised the box. It was her lunch box. So her mom had packed his dinner.

"Did you eat?" She asked as he opened the lock.

"Yup in the car...." He went in.

She went in behind him and closed the door.

"Karan what are you upset about exactly?" She opened her shoes and went in the lounge.

He kept the box on the dining table and had a sip of water.

"Karan?" She asked again on getting no reply.

"I am upset that even as a joke you invited them....it was supposed to be our time Tejasswi....you know how much i hate it when i don't get the time which we are supposed to be having...." He looked at her and said seriously.

"I told you before and i am telling you again....they were willing to come....they kept saying oh you will celebrate alone huh and all that....so i just said nothing like that join us....how will i know they will agree?i thought they were teasing me...." She said honestly.

"And you didn't bother to inform me that?i get to know that once i reach your place?" He asked immediately.

"Because you had already messaged me that you are leaving for my place....you were driving so i didn't....karan come on...." She said helplessly.

Karan knew she made sense. She had her reasons and it was clearly not her fault but something in him deep down refused to accept that. He had planned so much. He had thought that they would have pastries and donuts. He had thought that they would watch a movie with wine. He had thought that he would keep a gift by her pillow and see her reaction on waking up. He had thought that he would make aunty sing a song and he would record it. He didn't even want to remember those. The night would have been theirs. But it was not Teja's fault. But it was not his fault either. He was hurt and upset and the only way he could possibly channel it was through her.

Teja looked at his face. He was in deep thought. But he was silent.

"Karan?you know you are over reacting right? They would have left anyway and we would have gotten our time also....it was a matter of a few hours....and even if we didn't get time....how was it my fault?keep yourself in my position....the kind of guy you are....you would have also invited them over if they teased you like that....we know how you are....you would have thought they would feel bad etc etc...."

"Yeah right...." He chuckled. "Now we are getting into what could have happened rather that what actually had happened...."

He could feel his anger shooting up. He was upset and she was justifying it turning the situation over to him. But she was right and he knew that. He was complicated and somewhere deep down he wanted her to just hug him and pamper him. He didn't want this justification. Not when he already knew what she was saying was correct. He didn't need to hear it again. And to top it all he knew he was over reacting. He didn't need to hear it. He just needed her.

She sighed listening to him.

"Sunny do you realise that you are not even making sense?" She asked slowly.

And you are making a lot of sense?

"Only you make sense...." He gave a dry chuckle.

"This is the stupidest fight i have ever had....with anyone...." She muttered.

"You know what Tejasswi?i agree that I am stupid....don't have to rub it on my face...." He snapped at her.

"Why are you behaving like this i have no clue...." She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Good....you know what Tejasswi?let's take a break....and sort our head...." And the moment the word slipped out of his mouth he knew he had goofed up. Big time.