Part-32

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan was standing outside his vanity and checked his watch restlessly. They had their call time at 11:30 in the morning and it was 12. Teja was never late. They were supposed to meet for coffee and breakfast in the morning. They had decided it when Karan had gone to drop her home last night after spending the entire day together.

He had woken up in the morning with a text from her. She had wished him morning and cancelled their breakfast date and since then she was offline and her phone was also switched off. He came to the set and now she was not here. He was freaking out. Was she okay?

He was about to go to Vidhi to ask her to call her parents since he didn't have their number when he saw a car stopping at a distance of a few metres. It was not Teja's car but she was in the passenger seat with a guy roughly around her age in the driver seat. She hugged him and said something while laughing which Karan obviously couldn't hear. The guy got down and opened the door for her and she got down and noticed Karan.

She waved at Karan and held the guy's hand and pulled him to where Karan was standing.

"Karan meet Ankit....my neighbour....Ankit this is Karan my costar...." She said in a chirpy voice.

"Hi...." Karan shook hand with him politely.

"Hey...." The guy also welcomes him warmly.

"Karan you know...." She was cut off by Karan.

"Om can you please being the script from the vanity....it is time for the shot....you take your time....i will do the solo takes...." He told Teja politely and walked away to the floor.

"Shit i am so late....see you Ankit...." She hugged him and ran to her vanity.

She got ready quickly and ran to the floor. Karan was waiting for her. He was done with his solo takes.

"Sorry Karan actually I will tell you what happened...." She sat beside him panting for breath because of the running.

"I don't want to know...." He said seriously while doing something on his phone.

Shit he was angry. And it was justified. But she had no fault. He has to listen to her.

"Sunny...." She held his hand.

He looked at her right into her eyes.

"Don't even try....i don't want to talk to you....do whatever the hell you want to do....i do not want any excuses or justifications or information...." He said in a low voice. "Can we give the take?this brat who has no sense of time has been waiting for you for an hour now madam superstar...."

She closed her eyes to calm herself down. He was angry and she will handle it , she mentally convinced herself. They were on floor with crew beside them and she didn't want to create any scene.

They went to the set where a terrace was built since it was a terrace sequence in rain. They took their position as the artificial rain started through the sprinklers.

"Karan cup her face and say the dialogue....action...." The director instructed and Karan immediately cupped her face.

"You want to know why I stopped you that day from saying the truth?it is because i love you and i don't want you to get hurt do you get me?" He said with passion as the water made them completely wet.

"I don't trust you....you are lying and all this only for the company?all you care is business...." She pushed him back with force and turned when he held her hand and pulled her towards him. She landed against his chest.

"Listen to me Miss....i do not lie....and right now i do not care shit about the business all i care about is you....is it so difficult to understand?" Karan removed the wet strand of hair from her face and caressed her cheeks. He caressed her cheeks with the pad of her thumb and then caressed her lips.

"Cut...." The director shouted and Karan moved back immediately. He never did that. He made sure to do it in a soft way so that she doesn't feel weird. "Good....now we will take some shot of closeups of the same sequence....repeat and just move her hair and caress her back...."

Karan nodded and looked at the crew members to avoid looking at her as they waited.

"Karan...." She came and stood beside him and he moved a little away and pretended to talk to the DOP. She closed her eyes.

The scene started. They repeated the same dialogue but this time the angle for the camera was changed and he moved her hair and caressed her back. They were at the age of the terrace and they were facing each other. Nobody could see her face because her back was facing the camera and the crew. As soon as he touched her back she closed her eyes. Karan could feel her having goosebumps and her breathing had turned shallow. He looked at her with a straight face. She looked beautiful though , with water dripping down her face.

"Cut...." The director shouted and he moved aside. The spot boy came with their towels. He started to wipe his hair and walked away. Teja kept looking at him go out of the floor.

They soon had their lunch break and she quickly changed and went to his vanity. She knocked the door and waited for a response.

Karan knew it was Teja. He came and opened the door and went inside. She went in and closed the door.

"Karan why are you getting upset?" She went to him and as she was about to hold his hand he moved his hands away.

"And you have the audacity to ask why?" He chuckled. "You didn't bother to inform me why you cancelled the breakfast....you were late on set....i called you your phone was switched off....no replies no calls....i was freaking out....and then i see you come on set with a guy....like really Teja?" He asked seriously. "I do not want to talk to you please go...." He sat on the bed and started to do something on his phone.

"So you won't have lunch with me?" She asked looking at him.

"No...." He replied casually.

"I haven't brought lunch....i thought we would share...." She said sadly.

He got up and gave Teja his lunch box.

"Go to your vanity and have it...." He said while sitting on the bed again.

"Nahi chahiye...." She kept it on the table with a thud making him look at her.

"Don't Teja....i am not in a mood....leave me alone can you?" He said angrily.

"I won't....i am sorry...." She said softly and sat beside him.

"Teja please....i do not want to listen to any of your justification....i really thought something was wrong with you or anyone close to you but clearly not right?you came on set with him happily laughing...."

"But listen to me nuh...." She wrapped her arms around his elbow and he pulled his hand back immediately.

"Okay tell me....was it an emergency?any kind of trouble or an unwanted situation?for you or any of your friend or family or neighbour or someone you know?" He asked looking at her.

She shook her head in guilt.

"Exactly....i know that....because i have seen the picture that you clicked with the fan in the same cafe where we were supposed to meet....you were in the same dress...." He opened instagram and showed her the picture in her tagged section. "Did you go with him?ankit?"

She nodded.

"That's it....no more justifications...." He said with a sarcastic chuckle.