Part-40

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja got up as the alarm in her phone rang. She shut the alarm and kissed his forehead.

"Sunny....good morning....wake up...." She whispered in his ear and he held her hand and put it on his face.

"5 minutes...." He mumbled in his sleep and pulled her over her.

"We will get late baby...." She kissed his forehead and caressed his hair and he opened his eyes grumpily.

"Fine...." He mumbled and sat up.

"I am going to my room to freshen up....see you downstairs okay?" She hugged him from behind and he kissed her palm.

Grumpy little kid he was. She giggled and ran to her room.

They got ready and went downstairs. The shoot location was at a walking distance so they quickly grabbed breakfast and reached there.

They shot with the team throughout the day and had fun with everyone.

They were by the bank of the beas and Teja was super excited. She always wanted to click pictures by standing on the boulders in the middle of the river. The entire crew was amused with her energy.

She was recording some stories with the girls and Simba nishant and a few other guys joined them. Karan kept looking at her with a soft smile from a distance.

The entire gang who were recording walked towards the bank and got down on the boulders. Simba and Nishant helped Teja get down and settle on the rock.

"This place is so freaking beautiful....i want to go on the rocks...."

"I don't think that is allowed from the resort....but we can go from outside....later....i will take you...."

Karan remembered their conversation and smiled. She didn't even call him once to join them forget going with him alone.

Simba clicked a few pictures for Teja and she looked around frowning. Where was Karan. She saw him sit far away to where the unit was.

"Karan...." She shouted loudly and waved her hands to catch his attention.

Karan got up and went near the bank.

"Come...." She said happily. "Carefully huh?" Finally. Now?after so long she finally remembers him?

"Arrey nahi i am good here...." He chuckled and before she could say anything he pretended to talk to a crew mate.

If you can do something without me then you don't have to do it with me. If i am not exclusive for it i don't want to be in it. He thought and went back to where he was sitting.

They went back to their resort after light was gone after sunset.

They freshened up and decided to meet in the lawn under a gazebo. A bone fire was arranged and they had decided to enjoy the time with some music and dance.

He went downstairs with Teja.

"Sunny are you okay?" She asked holding his hand. He was not okay. She knew it. But she didn't know why. They had woken up together in good mood and done the shoot. They had no fight. May be it was something else which didn't concern her. Family?work?

He gave a quick nod and smiled at her.

"You are not....is it work?everything at home is good right?" She asked with concern.

"Everything is fine sweety....i am frozen in cold...." He joked to lighten the situation and went and sat with everyone.

She sat beside him.

They had a fun jamming session and then people were dancing around the fire two or three people at a time. Teju would hoot and giggle. She couldn't hold her excitement. She jumped up and joined Nishant and they danced their heart out like kids.

Karan could feel a lump in his throat. He could never be this to her. She would never allow him to be that for her. He gulped the rest of the whisky from his glass. He hated for feeling that way. As if something was hitting his chest. The pain was physical. He was losing his mind over this. Two days and Teja had not spent any moments with him. Was he that boring. He dreaded himself and his feelings at the moment. He knew the intensity with which he had fallen for her was scary. He gulped and closed his eyes and refilled his glass.

The alcohol in his system was taking over and he didn't want to hurt Teja by saying anything out of line. It was not her fault. She was the heart of the place where she went. She was endearing and everyone loved her. It was a good thing. But she seemed to have forgotten him.

He felt dizzy in his head and tried to recall the number of pegs he had. She had not come to stop him. Will he push this and take another refill to see when she comes?he refilled his glass but she had not noticed. She was doing some bhangra with Simba and Nishant.

"Karan you okay?" Vidhi notice him off. She was sitting beside him but a little away from him.

He looked at her and nodded. Vidhi looked at Teja and then back at Karan and connected the dots. She won't ask him anything because it was wrong. He should not be sharing it with her. But he needed to understand.

"Karan I know Teja for quite some time now....she is the fire which makes the day bright for everyone and that is why everyone seeks her friendship....she is giving to another level and you will relate to that because you yourself are so giving....but you two are different....she can voice things and you cannot....it is wrong....expectations and being vocal are synonymous Karan....you cannot expect someone to understand your expectations without being vocal....there is no shame in admitting to what bothers you....it is your right to peace and Teja will be the first person to be proud of you if you do that....admit it if it affects you....not only to yourself but to her...." She said and looked ahead. Teja looked back to call Karan and saw Vidhi talk to him. She smiled softly and didn't disturb them.

Karan felt his lips quiver.

He quickly composed himself and laughed at a joke that a crew mate cracked.

They had dinner there and once he was done he got up and felt tipsy on his feet. He took a few seconds to balance himself and turned to walk into the resort. He gave one look at Teja. He knew she would be busy and he was right. She was clicking pictures with the team. He gave a dry chuckle to himself and went to his room.

"Where is Karan?" Teja came and asked Vidhi who gave her a stern look.

"He went back to his room...."

"What?leaving me?" She frowned.

"Teja...." Vidhi rolled her eyes. "He went to his room and was quite drunk by the way...."

"What?did he go alone?" She asked with concern.

Vidhi nodded.

"I think he would manage...."

"Manage?" Teja panicked. "Shit shit...."

"Teja relax....you know him much better than i do but spend time with each other nuh....why are you two always with the team?" She carefully gave her the hint and included both of them so that Teja didn't feel bad about herself.

Teja nodded carelessly. Was this the reason?she tried to recall the last time they had spent time with each other. She closed her eyes.

"Thanks Vidhi....i will see you...." She quickly ran inside.

She reached the second floor and rang the bell of his room.

He was laying on the bed and knew it was her. He checked the time. It was exactly 39 minutes that he had come back and was alone. He chuckled and kept his phone away. She rang the bell again. He didn't get up. He won't. He is not an option. She waited for a good five minutes.

"May be he has fallen asleep...." She whispered sadly and walked to her room.