Part-20

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan came back on floor and scanned the area. Teja was not there. He had gone out to take a call. He knew she must be upset the way Sanjana had come and asked her to give her sometime alone with Karan. Still Teja had handled the situation so well. Had he been in her place he would have been super angry. He had kept looking at her. She was upset for sure but still was not showing it on her face.

He had told Sanjana that it was rude of her to have said Teja to leave them alone.

And then he had gone out to take the call and now that he is back , he was not being able to find Teja. Must be in the vanity.

Karan walked to her vanity and knocked the door.

"Who is it?" He heard her voice after a couple of seconds of silence. Her voice was cracked. Did she take the couple of seconds to compose herself? Was she crying. Shit.

"Sunny...." He said softly. "Lunch?"

"I have finished my lunch...." Came her reply.

He frowned. Without him? She was definitely upset about what had happened. But what he did not know was Teja was upset about something else. He had no idea what had happened between Teja and Sanjana after he had gone out to take the call.

She was not lying. She knew he would come for lunch and she had to prove it to herself that she was strong enough to handle herself. Strong enough to have her lunch alone. She had thought about skipping lunch but that would only mean he affected her so much that without him by her side she was not being able to eat. And she didn't want to feel that. So she had forced herself to swallow her entire lunch. To prove a point. To herself.

He waited for a couple of seconds for her to open the door. But she didn't. Now he was sure that she was upset.

"Teja open the door...." He knocked again.

Teja didn't want to create a scene as people would see him standing outside and also see that she was not opening the door. She opened the door. He swiftly went inside and closed the door.

"You had lunch without me?" He frowned looking at her and saw the empty lunch box in the corner along with an used plate. She was not lying. She had eaten.

She nodded and started to fix her hair. Karan noticed her eye makeup. It was smudged and her dress had patches of water. Tears.

"Teja i know how she asked you to leave was very rude....i told her not to do it again...." He moved a bit ahead and stood behind her looking at her through the mirror.

"Just the same way you told her that I was a kid?while you went out partying with her last evening?" She asked without any emotion.

"What?" He asked shocked.

She gave a sarcastic chuckle.

"Teja what are you talking about?" He asked getting alarmed. He had no idea what she was saying and why she was saying.

"Did you tell her I was a kid?last evening?" She turned to look at him.

He frowned and tried to remember. And then it clicked him. Yes he did. Sanjana had put up a status on watsapp of herself with Teja and Vidhi. Teja had her mouth stuffed with food while the other two girls were posing elegantly. He had replied to the status saying 'such a kiddo Teju is'. And then they had a small watsapp chat. Very formal. He had also saved a screenshot of that photo. He liked Teja with that expression.

"Yes I did...." He said honestly. "But that was in fun...." He was now sure Sanjana had told her that and Teja had taken it in a wrong way.

"That's what I am for you?a fun?a joke?" She asked seriously. "You know what Karan....get lost....just get lost...."

"No I won't...." He said firmly. "Not until i clear your misunderstandings....and what is this partying with her last evening?"

"When I asked you where did you get drunk you lied right?you were going around calling me a kid...." She said sarcastically.

"I did not lie....i was at home...."

"Just shut up Karan Kundrra....i do not care....nor do i need to know where you were....you are not my boyfriend that i will ask you that....you can go around with any girls but just do not take my name in the middle of one of your outings....am i clear?" She said angrily.

"What are you saying?are you hearing yourself?" He asked shocked. "I cannot believe you are the same girl who told me that i was not what people thought me to be...." He said the last line in a whisper but she had heard it.

"Yeah yeah sure....that is what you use to patao girls?the sad story of yours?too bad i am not one of them....do not even think about trying it on me...." She said looking into his eyes.

He didn't know what else she had said because he had gone blank. She just did not say this. He had never opened about all this to anyone except his a couple of close people. He did this time. And this is what the girl was saying? He gulped and nodded.

Teja looked at him and saw him stare at her blankly. His eyes were teary. She didn't want to say anything of that sort. She knew that he was not a bad person. Neither did she want to believe that whatever he had shared with her about his life and emotions was a lie. But she was angry and hurt and wanted to hurt him. So she had just said it. To hurt him. But the moment she had said it she regretted it. She was not someone who would make someone sad intentionally. No matter what the other person did. What Karan did to her was wrong. But she didn't want to insult or hurt him. But she had done it. And she felt bad about it immediately. But she was too stubborn to admit it. He had hurt her. Played with her emotions. So he deserved it.

He wanted to say something but his voice was gone. He knew if he would stay there for a moment more he would end up having tears. And that was the last thing he wanted. Not in front of her who thought he was doing it to 'patao' her. He went out of the vanity quickly and closed the door.

Teja saw him go out and the door shut behind him. She closed her eyes and let her tears fall.

He went to his vanity and closed the door. He looked at his team who were talking amongst themselves and went to the washroom. He splashed some water on his face and looked into the mirror. He closed his eyes and finally let the tears fall and cried silently. He leaned onto the sink and sobbed silently , trying to catch his breath.