Part-16

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan came to the floor after getting ready and scanned the place. Teja was not there. So she was late. He mentally smirked and sat on a couch reading his script.

Teja came after a good couple of minutes and sat beside him. She kept her head on his shoulder.

He smiled softly and looked at her.

"Breakfast?" He asked softly and kept his head on her head.

"Done...." She muttered and closed her eyes.

"Not feeling well?" He wrapped his arms around his shoulder.

"Just a little off...." She whispered.

"Why?" He asked immediately.

"I wanted to have wada pav on the way but didn't find any stall open....who keeps call time so early that wada pav stalls are not open...." She pouted.

He chuckled and shook his head.

"Okay I'll order...." He said softly.

"Thanks Kundri you are the best...." She pinched his cheeks.

"Really?i thought i was from the older generation...." He quickly moved his hand away and sat a little away.

"Someone is offended I can see...." She said in a naughty voice.

He rolled his eyes.

"Why don't you do one thing?go and sit with Simba....he is from the younger generation...." He said taunting her.

"Good idea...." She got up and went to another corner where Simba was reading his lines.

"Simbudaaaaa...." She hugged him and sat beside him.

"How are you Teja?" Simba smiled at her and kissed her hair.

Karan saw it from a distance and frowned.

"I am good....much better than yesterday....where is Vidhi though?" She frowned.

"Right here...." Vidhi came and sat beside her.

"Vidhi...." She cuddled her tightly. "I feel cuddly today...."

"Awee...." Vidhi chuckled and cuddled her tightly.

Three of them were chatting when Vidhi noticed Karan in the other corner. She gestured him to come to them and Teja and Simba looked at his direction. Karan politely shook his head and went out of the floor to his vanity.

Teja frowned immediately.

She continued to chat with them till she was called for her shot. Karan had come back and taken his position by then. They gave their shot and Teja went back to Vidhi and Simba while Karan went back to his vanity.

Shit. Did she end up hurting him? She was now worried.

"I'll have lunch and come...." Teja got up and went to her vanity.

Her manager came and gave her a paper bag.

"What is this?" She frowned.

"Karan sent wada pav...." She said.

"Did Karan come?" She asked immediately.

"No....he sent someone from his team...."

Teja quickly checked her phone. No missed calls or messages from him.

She frowned and took her lunch pack along with the bag of wada pav and went to his vanity. She knocked the door.

"Who?" She heard his voice.

"Bholu...." She said loudly.

He chuckled and opened the door with a straight face.

She went inside making him move away from the door and kept her lunch on the table.

"No lunch together?why didn't you come?" She asked raising her brows and started to serve for both of them. He had not started his lunch. Purposely. Because he knew that she would come.

"Go to Simba and Vidhi....the younger lot...." He said and sat on the bed. He was enjoying this.

"Zyaada bol mat samjha nuh?you know i didn't mean it that way...." She said looking at him and gave him a plate. "It was a joke....to tease you...."

He nodded and took a bite. His face was still serious.

"Kundri...." She sat in front of him. "You know it was a joke nuh?why aren't you sitting with us?" She asked in her baby voice. Was he hurt?did he feel like he didn't belong to the group. Shit. She wanted to cry for making him feel like that.

He looked at her and she was on the verge of crying. Not literally. But her face looked even more bholu when sad.

He couldn't help but chuckle.

"What?you were taking my case?" She slapped his shoulder and then his chest. "I hate you kundri....i am not talking to you....never" She said and took her plate and started to eat.

"Never?never ever?" He asked laughing.

"Never...." She looked away from his face.

"What if I get you tiramisu? And donuts?" He asked raising his brows.

"Then I will...." She said like an angry kid.

He laughed even more loudly.

"Laddoo hai yaar tu...."

She smiled softly looking at him. If he was laughing at the expense of making fun of her , she was fine. She was happy.

*****

Karan sat on a chair beside Teja on the side of a lake. They were shooting for a sequence there and they would soon have their pack up. It was a holiday the next day for both of them. Vidhi and Simba didn't have their shoot today so it was just a perfect day to do it but he was unsure. What if she gets offended?what if she thought he was being too clingy? He fidgeted with his phone and licked his dry lips.

Teja looked at him with a frown. Right from the morning he was restless. She had asked him a couple of times about what was bothering him. He had shrugged it off saying it was nothing. But she could clearly see he was restless and nervous.

"Karan can you stop lying and tell me what is it?what is bothering you?" She looked at him seriously.

"Nothing re...." He picked up the script from his lap and started to read it.

"Stop with this and tell me what is it?" She snatched the script away from his hands.

"Arrey Teja it's nothing...." He said nervously.

"Why are you behaving so weird then?" She raised her brows and tilted her head.

"Can we go for dinner?" He blurted out and realised that he had said it. There was no going back now. "I mean....only if you are free and....will you go out for dinner?" He said awkwardly.

Teja looked at him softly. Such a goof ball he was. He was so shy and nervous to just ask her for a dinner? She wanted to laugh and pinch and pull his cheeks. But that would make him conscious.

He looked at her trying to read her expressions. She had a soft smile. May be she was not offended. May be she would agree.

"Cool....we will...." She said softly.