Part-64

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

It was a couple of days since Teja's birthday and they had wrapped up shoot for their show. Teja was in his house for the weekends and was lazily sitting on the couch doing nothing in particular as he watered the plants.

"Sunny are you sure you don't want a pet?" She asked loudly so that he could hear her from the balcony.

He stayed quiet.

"Sunnyyyyyyy...." She screamed in her baby voice.

"Hmm coming...." He came back after washing his hands and sat beside her.

"Are you sure that you don't want a pet?" She asked cuddling him and keeping her head across his chest.

"Hmm...." He hummed breathing in the scent of her hair.

"Where are you lost?" She looked up to see his face and he shook his head.

"Sunny...." She said with a stern voice. He knew it was the last warning.

"I am looking for a new house...." He said out of the blue.

"Okay...." She frowned. "But what is there to worry about that?"

He shook his head again.

"Sunny...." She made him look at her. He was avoiding her eyes. His face was restless. She knew that he was thinking about something.

"No nothing....will you come to see the place with me tomorrow?i have short listed a few places...." He said with a small smile.

"Okay i will...." She said still confused about his strange behavior.

"I will show you something...." He said trying to divert her attention and opened his laptop. "I will show you punjab....where i grew up...." He said with a smile and opened a folder of pictures.

He showed her pictures of his childhood with his family , with his friends and even his crushes and first girlfriend. He showed him pictures of the famous places there , places where he had special memories , pictures of his road trips and school excursions , of his english teacher on whom he had a huge crush.

Teja laughed as he took her through the memory lane.

"Will you come to punjab with me?" He asked softly as he was done showing the pictures.

"I would love to...." She said softly.

"Okay then I will plan for a trip...." He said happily.

"Karan...." She said softly.

"Hmm...." He hummed kissing her hair.

"I know something is bothering you....i want to know what it is....i might not be able to help you but when you share something with someone....it helps...." She said kissing his palm.

His face changed again. As much as he wanted to school his features , his face had changed.

"Was thinking about what to plan for you birthday...." He said to convince her.

"I know it's a lie...." She said looking into his eyes. "I don't know why you never share anything with me...."

"Really?i don't share anything with you....everytime i am vulnerable i run to you...." He rolled his eyes. "Yes i hid a couple of my injuries....but that doesn't mean i don't share anything with you...."

"Then tell me what is it?" She asked stubbornly.

"I don't know Laddoo....if i would have known i would have told you....when is your new show starting?"

"Next month....can we visit punjab before that?" She asked excitedly.

He nodded softly.

"I will plan for next week....is your schedule clear?" He asked after checking his own schedule.

"Yes i am mostly free till the show starts....i have some brand shoots but i will do that before next week to clear the schedule...." She said happily.

"Done...." He said kissing her forehead.

The bell rang.

"I think the food is here...." He was about to get up when she held his hand.

"My treat...." She got up , took her clutch and went to open the door.

He smiled softly. She would always make sure to do everything that he would do for her.

He went to his wardrobe room and opened a closet. He opened the drawer and stared at the box. The ring that he had brought for her a couple of months back.

He closed his eyes and sighed. Since the last couple of months he had fought with himself everyday to not give her the ring and ask her for marriage. He was ready to wait for her but he wanted to ask her out and take that step ahead in their relationship.

But he didn't want to scare her or force her into something. They had only known each other since 10-11 months. Not even a year. She was young and had a brilliant career. She had dreams and he would not do anything to become any hindrance to her.

He caressed the box and smiled at himself. May be some day. After a few years. Till then the box would be safe there.

"Karan....what are you doing here?" He jumped at her voice and pushed the drawer close clumsily. He looked visibly taken aback.

"What happened?" She frowned seeing his reaction. As if he was stealing something from his own cupboard.

"No....no nothing...." He fumbled and locked the drawer immediately.

"Karan....is everything okay?" She asked with concern.

"Yeah...." He gulped and shut the cupboard and went out.

"You are behaving very weirdly Karan...." She said slowly.

"So tomorrow we are going to see the new house?" He said while opening the packet of foods.

"Yeah...." She muttered. "Have you spoken to uncle aunty about this?i mean buying a property is huge...."

"Yes they know....when i finalise a property they will fly down before i do the paperworks....they know this house is too small for it...." He said while serving the food.

"For what?" She asked frowning.

"Us to stay....you need to be confortable....then there will be our kid....and what if we decide to keep a pet...." He said without realising and poured water into the glasses.