Part-45

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan rang the bell of her room and stood outside impatiently. She opened the door and he went inside immediately.

"Why are you not coming?why are you not letting me stay?" He asked like a kid.

"We already had this conversation Sunny...." She rolled her eyes. "Now go everyone is waiting and my water for bath is also warm...." She said happily.

"Whatever...." He kissed her forehead. "Bye...."

"Bye have fun babe...." She kissed his cheeks before he left. Teja closed the door and sighed.

Karan went to the pub with the crew. He checked the time before ordering a diet coke for himself. It was 9 o'clock. He mentally calculated. He would stay here for an hour and go back to have dinner with her.

"Why didn't Teju come yaa?" Vidhi said and stood beside her.

"Pata nahi yaar...." He made a face. "She said she has some work....some arms and legs waxing for shoot tomorrow....and then warm bath....i said i will stay back but she forced me to come...."

Vidhi frowned and looked at the floor thinking something.

"What?" Karan asked frowning.

"Before coming here we both went to the salon together for waxing....why would she need to do that after 3 days?" She frowned looking at him.

"What?" Karan was taken aback. "Why would she lie?"

"I don't know....should we go and check if she is okay or not?" She asked with concern.

"Vidhi yaar you are scaring me...." He kept the can of coke away and ran his fingers through his hair. He quickly dialled her number.

"Shit her phone is out of network coverage area...." He said scared.

"Send her a watsapp message she must be connected to the resort wifi...." Vidhi said immediately. He immediately did that.

"Single tick....shit shit...." He had started to panic.

"Arrey relax....may be we are overthinking....we can just go and check...." Vidhi said patting his shoulder.

"Beera...." Karan called Nishant loudly and told him the issue.

Karan , Vidhi , Simba , Nishant and one of their friends from the production team decided to go back to the resort.

"Karan bhai...." Simba called out to him from behind as he was going inside the resort.

"Haan?" Karan looked back at him.

"I think Teja lied to you to give an excuse....some people were on set discussing about how you two are always with each other and that is affecting your friendship with others....probably Teju had heard them and lied so that you spend time with others alone?" Simba said in his usual calm voice.

"What the actual hell...." Karan said angrily.

"Simbuda itni badi baat and you are saying now...." Vidhi slapped her forehead.

"Beera calm down...." Nishant patted his back.

"Calm down?you want me to calm down?" He said angrily and ran inside with the other three behind him. He quickly went to the second floor and rang the bell of her room. The bell was not ringing.

"She is not in the room....shit man...." He rubbed his face.

"What?but where will she go?" Vidhi asked in shock.

By the time the others could say something Karan had ran downstairs to the reception.

"Room number 201....is the key here?" He asked the girl at the reception.

"Give me a second sir...." She said politely and went to the drawer to check.

By the time the others had come down.

"Yes sir....the key is here...." She gave him the key.

"No no i don't need the key...." He shook his head in frustration and looked at the others.

"She had gone out...." He looked at Vidhi Nishant and Simba.

"Relax beera she will be back...." Nishant tried to calm him down.

"Beera it is almost 10....it is a hill station....everything is closed outside....the streets are empty....her phone is out of network coverage....and you are asking me to relax...." He shouted at the top of his voice making the girl at the reception flinch.

"Karan bhai she is a responsible girl....i am sure she will come back soon...." Simba said calmly.

"Wait a minute....may be she had gone back to the pub?just in case...." Vidhi quickly called one of the crew mates. She was not there.

Karan looked at her impatiently as she disconnected the call.

"No she is not there...." She said worried.

"I am going out to search for her....i cannot sit here and wait...."Karan said breathing heavily. He was losing his mind. He couldn't think straight at that point.

"We will come...." Simba told him.

Vidhi quickly went to the girl at the reception and gave her number to her.

"Please give me a call if Tejasswi comes back...." She told her politely and the girl nodded.

"Karan you need to calm down....she is fine i am sure....we are just overthinking...." Vidhi told him to make him calm as they walked out od the resort.

"I think we should go on foot....in car we might miss...." Nishant said slowly.

Karan kept dialing her number like a crazy person but each time it was out of reach.

"Please keep her fine....please keep her fine...." He kept muttering as they walked.

They had walked uphill for 15 minutes but has not gotten a trace of her.

The streets were empty as the local shops were closed.

"Do you see the streets are completely empty...." Vidhi said in worry. Teja had gone alone. She felt scared for her friend. She was a girl and it scared her to even think about the worse.

"Why would you say that?" Karan asked Vidhi urgently and she shook her head. She knew if she would say it aloud Karan would lose his mind completely.

"Vidhi I am asking you something...." He asked seriously.

"Nothing Karan...." She said slowly.

"Vidhi just say it...." He shouted. His voice echoed at the empty mountain streets.

"Beera calm down please...." Nishant held his shoulder immediately. He could feel Karan shiver.

"The streets are empty so i am just scared what if someone...." Vidhi said with tears. She was shit scared for Teja.

"Vidhi nothing like that will happen...." Simba held her shoulder to comfort her.

Karan stumbled a few steps backwards. His entire body was shivering.

"No....please no....please...." He gulped and his eyes filled with tears.

"Beera calm down...." Nishant held him as he feared Karan would collapse that very moment.