Part-60

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Karan was sitting on the hospital bed and was instructing Om to cancel his next meetings when the door opened and she came in.

He looked at her startled and then looked at Om who was already calculating how much relative speed will it take for him to run to not get beaten up by Teja.

"Laddoo...." He muttered and sat straight while Teja looked at the bandage in his hand and the sling around his neck on which his hand rested.

She was in her costume of the character. She had dried tears on her cheeks.

"This is the second time you hid something like this...." She whisper shouted and walked towards him.

Karan gulped trying to search for excuses. He knew he would have to explain to her anyway but he had no idea he would have to do it so soon. He needed time to think.

As soon as she was standing in front of him , she caressed his face and then ran her finger through his hair.

Karan smiled softly. It was as if she was checking if he was fine or not.

"I am fine mera Laddoo...." He said softly.

"Don't....just don't....this time i am not going to forgive you...." She said trying not to choke as tears rolled down her cheeks. She looked at Omi who was about to walk out.

"Om...." She called his name and he stopped and prayed quickly.

"What did the doctor say?" She asked calmly.

"There is a sprain....thankfully no fracture....he needs to rest his arm and shoulder...." He said looking at her.

"Any more tests that needs to be done?" She asked.

"No....everything is done....all reports are clear...." He said slowly.

"When will he be discharged?" She asked calmly.

"In a couple of hours...." He said and looked at Karan who was looking at her face. It was blank. Why is this girl not shouting?

"Are you ready to come to my place for a few days?" She asked looking at him finally. Omi went out closing the door behind him.

"No no laddoo please i am absolutely fine....uncle aunty will stress for no reason at all....omi will be there....i have people to take care of me...." He said and regretted immediately. Her face had changed.

"I know you do....but if you are okay can i stay with you for a couple of days?i know you don't need my help but for my sanity?" She asked calmly.

"Laddoo that's not what i meant baby....and obviously you can come and stay with me....i would love that...." He said and held her hand through his free hand.

"If you say so...." She smiled sadly. "Anyway it is not about me....is it paining a lot?" She asked touching the bandage ever so slightly.

"It was....but not now....i think they gave pain killers...." He said looking at her softly.

"Not even a bit?" She frowned.

"Itnu sa...." He said like a baby and she smiled softly and caressed his hair.

"Did you eat anything since morning?" She asked and he nodded.

"They gave me things to eat before certain medicines...."

"Okay i'll be back okay?" She got up and he held her hand immediately.

"Where are you going?" He held her hand urgently.

"I'll inform aunty and jiju and come....five minutes....i'll back...." She said patted his palm.

"No no please laddoo not them please...." He said in panic.

"Why?" She frowned.

"Shittar padenge....please yaar....nahi nahi....please no Laddoo....tu mere nephews ko bol....agar bolna hi hai toh tu veer ko bol....please please...." He said whining like a kid.

"He is a kid...." She rolled her eyes.

"Fine tu Bharat Arjun ko bol....doctors hai....help ho jayega....jiju mumma nahi please yaar...." He held her hand tightly.

"Karan...." She took her hand back. "They need to know....you have to understand that not letting your loved ones know about your problems will make it worse....you will hurt them....i am an outsider so i understand if you don't want to tell me or let me through but they are your family....you have to tell them...and i know you won't so i will...." She said seriously.

"Laddoo you are not an outsider....and i do not want you to repeat this ever again...." He said seriously.

"You make me feel like an outsider sometime Karan....by not letting me get to you when you need support....when you are in pain....when you should be ideally needing someone by your side it is never me....infact quite the opposite Karan....you go out of your way to hide it from me....force people around you to hide it from me...." She said angrily but in a low voice.

"That's because i love you dammit....i want to protect you....i don't want you to worry about me or freak out...." He said in frustration.

"And do you remember what i told you last time?in himachal?what if something happens to me and i go out of my way to hide it from you?just because you don't freak out?chalega?lein payega?that you are not the one beside me....taking care of me?everyone except just you know about it and are by my side?" She said looking into his eyes and he looked away.

Does she always have to hit at the right spot?

"Ab kyun chup hai?bol nuh bol...." She said seriously.

"Sorry...." He muttered.

"And don't worry even if i stay at your place i won't interfere in whatever you do...." She taunted and he rolled his eyes.

"I never said that...." He said in his defense.

"You said exactly that...." She snapped at him.