Part-10

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

Teja was about to go to her car when she saw Karan and Vidhi and sit with their director. Vidhi was giving Karan a head massage who had his eyes closed. They were clearly chilling after pack up.

Teja sat in her car and closed her eyes. This was it. She would not let anything affect her anymore.

"Chaliye...." She told her driver and put on her earphones and started to listen to music. She didn't care. He can go to hell for that she cared. But she knew that it was not his fault. She was the one who was acting irrational.

****

Karan sat in his balcony with a cup of tea and checked the time. 10:54 pm. Not a bad time to message someone but he had never messaged her before personally. They had only spoken in the watsapp group.

He didn't know if he should message her or not. He fidgeted with his phone for a couple of minutes. But it was pretty normal to message a friend and a costar. Why would she take it in a wrong way. He knew he was thinking like that because he felt for her but for her it would be a casual normal message. She won't feel weird.

Hey , how's your headache. He pinged her and looked at the sky.

A couple of minutes later his phone vibrated.

I'm good. Just that i don't have anyone to give me a head massage. ;)

This girl will not get him and Vidhi's idea out of her head. He shook his head with a frown.

You could have asked her. She is your bestie it seems. She would have given you a head massage. He replied back to her.

She was annoyed to another level reading his message. She didn't know why. He had not said anything offending.

Kundri you don't have to be sweet to me.

Hain?he frowned reading her message.

Why will you say that? He pinged her immediately. Why would she say that?he needed to know.

We rarely talk on set so why will YOU be sweet to me now? She pinged back bluntly. This girl was a fireball. She spoke what she thought without a filter.

Because we rarely get the time. I find it odd to talk to you in front of people. He replied back honestly. This girl didn't just speak her heart but also had that infectious energy to make an introvert like him blur out certain facts. Just 'certain'. Not all.

YOUR PEOPLE. And it's fine. I don't even want any forced friendship. If your friends doesn't want you to have other friends it is fine by me. He closed his eyes reading her reply. He knew she was hinting at Vidhi. Only if she knew he purposely stayed away in order to not give away his feelings.

Teju the issue is not others. It is actually me. I am socially awkward and shy and to top it all I didn't want to make you uncomfortable by being friendly. He replied to her honestly but told her only half of the truth. The last thing he wanted was Teja misunderstanding him.

She chuckled reading his message. She felt good and wanted to scream. He was such a sweetu. He was shy and was thinking about her comfort.

I am not uncomfortable obviously Kundri. She replied back.

He didn't know the last time he was this happy. Her message had made him walk on the clouds. He quickly composed himself and typed back.

Point noted. I will keep this in mind. And don't worry I won't behave weirdly again I promise. He smiled softly and sent her the message.

Good decision. And you are so weird. You knew I was not fine since morning. Even Simbuda came and asked if I was okay or not but you didn't. She sent him the message and smiled softly. Only if he knew why she was not fine.

But I got you coffee. That is my way of showing my concern. And I was about to ask you but someone came. He just didn't want to take Vidhi's name.

See that is what I was talking about. She replied back immediately.

Yeah I know but just to let you know I am really fond of you as a person and the reason of me being aloof in your head is WRONG. And I'll be more vocal and not reserved now that I know you are comfortable with it.

Teja thanked her stars that he was not in front of her because she was blushing like crazy reading the last message.

Better. :)

She replied back and smiled widely.

See you tomorrow then. Good night. :)
He pinged back.

Good night. She replied and kept her phone away.

She was feeling relieved after so long.

Karan kept his phone away and sipped his tea. It was cold. This girl had managed to make him forget his tea. He knew he was at a point of no return where it concerned his feelings. It scared him. He was sure she didn't feel for him at all. And in all probability will never feel for him. And it hurt him somewhere. He was scared that for him these feelings were turning out to be serious. It was a point of no return. He didn't know what to do. How to handle himself.

He looked at the night sky and closed his eyes.

May be if he became her friend he would slowly start to feel normal. Being friends will be his acceptance. He knew he was just fooling himself. But he also knew that she would never make a guy like him her partner. Partner?he thought to himself. Why did he had this image. What bad he had done to anybody to deserve this? That people would judge him by a few articles and he would have to face the consequences forever. So much so that the girl he was falling for could never be his. Without any fault of his? He gulped his saliva and chuckled at his fate. May be he deserved this. Deserve to be in that apartment alone. Deserved to have tea alone. Deserved to sit on the swing and look at the stars alone. And with that he lost his appetite.

He got up , kept the cup in the sink and went to his room. Suddenly the loneliness was hitting him. He quickly went under the blanket and covered himself with it from head to toe. May be in an attempt to run away from the thoughts that had started to engulf him at this time of the night.