Part-49

Disclaimer : All the characters written below are imaginary and a work of pure fiction. There is no resemblance to any incident or situation and is written as work of fiction.

They were back from Himachal and a couple of weeks had passed with their tight schedule in Mumbai. Finally it was Christmas time and Teja couldn't keep calm. She loved festivals and how.

Karan picked up her favorite cakes , donuts and ice cream and drove to her. They had planned to spend the Christmas eve at her place. They had finished their shoot early that day so Karan had dropped her home and hone back to his place to freshen up and pick a few things to eat before driving to her place again.

He parked the car and rang the bell. Her mom opened it. He touched her feet but could hear a lot of commotion from inside.

"What is this noise?" He frowned.

"Everyone is here....tu late kyun hua?" Her mom asked frowning.

"Everyone as in?" He frowned in confusion.

"Everyone from your set...." She said.

His face fell and her mom was quick to notice it.

"Aunty...." He gave the packet to her. "There isn't enough for everyone so keep it aside for you....and adrak wali chai?" He said with a soft smile.

"Karan beta...." She was about to say something but stopped. He bend down to open his shoes. She knew Karan was upset. "Come....i'll make tea for you...."

He opened his shoes and smiled at her and went inside.

"You are late...." Nishant rolled his eyes as he sat beside Simba.

He looked at Teja who smiled a little and gestured him to come to the kitchen adjacent to the living room.

He got up and went to the kitchen where her mom was making tea.

"Sunny they invited themselves....after you dropped me we had a conference call....your line was busy....they all said we are celebrating alone without them so i kind of offered them to come hoping they would refuse but they all agreed...." She whispered to him so that nobody outside would be able to hear them. Her mother looked at her sternly.

"What?" She frowned at her mother.
"Whom are you making tea for?"

"Karan...." She said crisply.

"Arrey why?I am opening the wine...."

"I asked aunty to make tea for me....i am not drinking....will have to drive back home...."

"What?you were supposed to stay back right?" She asked in shock.

"I have some urgent work...." He said casually.

"Sunny please it's Christmas...." She whined like a kid.

"It's urgent....i would have avoided if i could have...." He said slowly.

"Fine....do whatever you want...." She went out angrily.

Her mom gave him the cup of tea.

"Aunty there is a box in the packet of donuts....keep it beside her pillow when she sleeps....and there is one box for you and one for uncle as well...." He said softly.

She smiled softly and nodded.

He had his tea in the kitchen while talking to her mom and then went out.

He sat with their friends for sometime.

"Guys i have to leave...." He said loudly to catch everyone's attention.

"What?why?" Simba asked taken aback.

"This Omi will not let me be in peace....he had fixed a meeting on Christmas eve...." He rolled his eyes.

"Arrey yaar...." Nishant made a face.

"Postpone it nuh...." Their creative head requested.

"I would have if i could have...." He chuckled. "It will look unprofessional....Omi has already committed...." He said sadly.

Everyone whined and complained and Karan made them believe about his urgent work like a pro.

"I'll meet aunty and come...." He went upstairs and her mom was in the lounge upstairs watching a movie.

"Aunty I'm leaving...." He said sweetly. "I will meet uncle when he comes back...."

Her father was away for a trip.

"Beta you can stay back...." She said slowly.

"Aunty i have a meeting...." Before he could complete she cut her off.

"I know why you are going....should i talk to her?"

He looked at her immediately.

"Should i?" She asked slowly.

"No aunty...." He said slowly.

She nodded.

"Come downstairs I'll pack your dinner...." She said and walked towards the stairs.

"No need for that aunty....i'll order something...." He said sweetly.

"No...." She said sternly and went downstairs.

He followed her to the kitchen.

"She doesn't understand a lot of things....she might not understand this as well....she is sensible but sometimes she judges things from her perspective....for example if this would have happened to her she wouldn't have reacted at all so she wouldn't even think that someone can have an issue with this...." She said while packing the dinner.

"I have told her before that i will have an issue....in Himachal the same thing had happened...."

Her mother looked at him. He was leaning on the kitchen slab and was looking the wall blankly.

She gave him the food packed and he smiled a little.

"I would have ideally wanted you to stay back beta....it's christmas and i really don't want you to stay at home alone...."

"I will anyday prefer that over this....where a decision was made without informing me....as if what i want is not even a priority...." He gave a dry chuckle.

Her mother touched his shoulder.

"I am fine aunty don't worry...." He gave a smile.

"Drive safe and slow okay?" She caressed his cheeks. "And inform me when you reach okay?"

He nodded and went to the living area.

"Bye guys...." He said with a wide smile.

Teja looked at him angrily.

"Someone is angry Karan...." Vidhi said eyeing Teja.

"I know...." He chuckled and went out.