27

"Can we talk?"

Venion looked at the man in front of her who was handsome, but not her type.

'He might be a noble from the empire.  I never saw his face.'

Venion smiled, bowing her head in respect.

The man wanted to give Venion a glass of vine.

"Ah, sorry. I don't drink."

Venion is honest with that.  She is still underage to drink alcohol.

Even though in this world, the legal age for drinking alcohol was 18, Venion didn't dare touch alcohol.

You know, this girl's mind is sometimes too overthinking.  Having read too many stories where uke lost his virginity when he was drunk, as well as many cases of someone get raped when they drank something from strangers, Venion was very wary of what she was about to receive.  Especially if it was something she would use or consume.

"Miss Venion, you used to drink often too, when you were a man, did you deliberately refuse my request?"

Venion knew what the man in front of her meant was 'Who are you to refuse my offer.'

There were many eyes staring at them, and started to speak ill of Venion.

'Ah, I'm weak with this.'

Venion's pupils trembled at the scorn of the nobles.

'I wish I had a heart of stone when faced with this situation.'

Venion just stared at the food in front of her.  The man who saw Venion was petrified, approached her, and tried to touch her.

"This is already called sexual harassment. Besides, Miss Venion is someone's fiancé, watch your dirty hands."

Venion gasped and saw a woman with black hair.

"Queen Litana?"

Litana smiled at Venion.

“You can call me miss Lina too. You are young master Cale's fiancé.”

The man who tried to approach Venion finally left because he was embarrassed at what Queen Litana had said.

"Thank you."

Venion thanked her with a smile.

"Then, can I, ask you something?"

Litana raised an eyebrow in confusion.

'Will she show her true nature?'

There was only one thing one would ask a queen like her for.

Power.
Riches.
Honor.

"Can I take your photo? Miss Lina, you are so beautiful! Can I!?"

Litana felt a shooting star hit her head.

"What?"

Hearing Litana's weak reply, Venion withdrew her chill.

"If you can't, that's fine. I just like collecting pictures of beautiful men and women."

Venion scratched the back of her head feeling awkward.

"N, no. I'm just surprised. How do you want to take my photo?"

Everyone knows how hard it is to take a picture of a person.

Venion smiled brightly as she took out the instant camera that was stored in Raon's storage room.

-Venny, I can feel something weird here!  It's like a bomb, but there's also a smell of dead mana!

Like Cale, Venion ignored Raon who was talking too much.