14

3 months have passed since the plaza terror incident occurred.

"Hnm~♪ Hnnm~♪"

Venion happily hums to the tune of Hata Himawari no yakusoku.  [Doraemon movie, Stand By Me 1 Ost.]

Why just hum, because Venion doesn't remember the lyrics.

'Wait, I'm in a good mood, why am I humming a sad song?'

I cleared my mind and continued to enjoy my new day.

Bang!

"Yo! I came to see how things are going!"

A man, dark green hair and round glasses smiled at him.  His body was small like a 16 year old child, while the pink haired female mage was battered from the experiment they were doing.

"Master, you are coming!"
"Young lady, did you bring bread? I'm hungry..."

Venion laughed and gave them bread from the kitchen of the villa where she lived now after she had left the Stan family.  When she left, everyone in the house was busy fighting each other.

The one with green hair, his name is Denny.  The mage, her name is Sarah.

How did I meet these two?  Well.......

.

.

.

'Where should I go today hnm~?'

Venion just walked over thinking she might buy something.  She had no intention of using Cale's money when she already had a lot of money.

'Ugh....'

Hmm?

Venion looked down the dark hallway, seeing someone who looked to be 16 years old.

⟨Helping a stranger is dangerous.⟩

Venion recalled the learning she had always applied to herself.

'Let's just ignore it.'

After 5 minutes.

'Ugh.... If I don't help him, I'm afraid he will die.'

Venion returned with bread and water in her hands.

"Hey, are you okay? Are you hungry?"

The man raised his head, looked at Venion then sat down weakly.

"Here. Why did you pass out?"

The man took the bread, ate it slowly, not like a starving person.

His eyes look lifeless.

"When you're feeling down, you can tell your story. I'm not someone who knows you anyway."

The man looked at Venion with dead eyes, starting to see the bread in his hand.

"My 20 years of research, was simply stolen by the master from where I worked and sold it to the Mogoru empire. Even if it was a failed research, I researched it for 20 years of my life."

Venion, as a human, doesn't like her possessions being taken away.  So she slightly understood the man in front of her.

Blink.  Blink.

'He said how many years?'

Venion began to look the man in front of her up and down a few times.

"20 years?"

Venion looked in disbelief.

"I'm 30 years old. I'm a half-dwarf. So I'm a little bigger than a normal dwarf, but also smaller than a normal human."