~83~ Happy New Year

Josie's POV

The moment I turn around, Dylan has his eyes only on me. When I rush him, he wraps arms that are somehow even more muscular around me and picks me up so he's standing straight.

"You're here?!?!" I cry, not recognizing my own voice as happiness and shock mingle together.

I feel him nod as my neck gets wet from tears he's silently crying.

"How?" I get out, my own tears thick and unrelenting.

He pulls me away and sets me down, wiping his eyes and blinking quickly. He doesn't have a chance to answer me before Sasha grabs him, attacking him with her tiny body and giving him the fattest hug imaginable.

"Our family is complete," she cries, and Dylan's tears fall again as he hugs her.

She means as much to him as she does to me

When he pulls away, Drew ambushes him and headbutts his crotch. Dylan ignores the pain that probably caused and picks up Drew, kissing his cheek loudly and hugging him tightly.

"You missed Christmas!" He scolds as he touches Dylan's nose lightly.

"I'm sorry," Dylan says, still trying to stop his tears from falling.

I realize then that Mason hasn't hugged him yet, and I'm confused. Sasha is too as she looks at Mason and gives him a questioning look.

"Why aren't you hugging him?" She asks, starting to get mad at how little he seems to care.

"I mean I can, but I already did like ten times," Mason grins as he walks over and smothers him with a bear hug.

"What do you mean?" Sasha asks as she puts her hands on her hips.

"Did you really think I went grocery shopping for almost two hours? How do you think he got here?!?"

"I—you knew he was coming?!?!"

Mason is completely amused by Sasha's annoyed face. "I did"

"And you didn't tell me?!?!"

"That was my fault," Dylan grins as he gives her a side hug and kisses her cheek. "I didn't want to get your hopes up if something fell through. My buddy has kids and wanted Christmas, so I worked for him and he took my New Years..."

"How long are you here for?" She asks as she smiles again and claps her hands together.

"All I could get was four days."

"We'll take it," she squeals as she hugs him again. When he lets her go he looks back at me.

"Missed you."

I can't even talk as I go over and fold into him, crying against his uniform.

I've always loved this holiday, and now it's even better...

~*~

We spend the early evening getting caught up on all of our lives, and I'm proud of my brother. He's grown just as much as I have these last several months.

He's just as happy as I am.

"Seeing anyone?" Sasha grins as she shuffles the cards for Go Fish, and Drew wiggles excitedly in his chair when he gets his first card.

"No," he says as he shakes his head casually and leans back in the chair, picking up his cards and taking out his matches.

"No one?" Mason asks, elbowing him in the ribs.

"Nah. There's a hangout we go to when we're off duty and I...meet people....But no. I'm not seeing anyone."

Mason grins as he nods, and Dylan looks over at me. "That necklace is really cool, Jose. I don't remember seeing it before."

Inferno Part 4जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें