~43~ Shay Barbie

Liam's POV

It's been a week since my blowup with Mason, and we haven't talked at all. I actually haven't talked to anyone, except when I'm at the firehouse.

"Lizzie Lou, go get your shoes on," I say as I pack Jaxson's lunch and zip up his book bag.

"Am I going to school?"

I chuckle. "No, we're gonna spend a few hours together after we drop off your brother."

Charlie claps her hands and jumps up and down. "Yay! Yay! Yay!"

"Charlie, I'm gonna take you somewhere tomorrow. Lizzie and I are going somewhere today."

"I WANNA GO!!!!!" She screams as she throws herself down on the ground and flails her arms and legs.

"Tomorrow girly," I say as I give Lizzie a soft smile. "Go put on your shoes."

She shakes her head. "She can go."

She walks away and sits in front of the TV, snuggling up in a blanket.

"Elizabeth, what did I just say?" I ask her sternly.

She immediately gets off the couch and goes to the door, putting on her shoes.

I ignore Charlie's wails as Jaxson grabs his book bag and we all go out to the car.

When I get Liz buckled and make sure Jaxson buckled himself, I head toward the school. As I pass Sasha's house, Mason is backing out of his driveway and I act like I don't see him. Normally I would've honked obnoxiously or blocked him, but that was when he was my BFF.

~*~

Once Jax is dropped off, I look in the rearview mirror and smile at my daughter. "I'm excited to spend the day with you, pretty girl."

She quietly looks out the window and ignores me.

She's such a quiet little thing. I wonder how I can break her out of her shell.

When we get to Target, I get her from her carseat and squeeze her. "Ready to shop?"

"For what?"

"It's Target...We'll spend $100 in ten minutes."

She gives me a look, not understanding my joke, and I kiss her cheek as I carry her into the store.

"Wanna ride in the cart, or walk?"

"Cart"

I put her in the front and start pushing, watching her as she takes it all in.

When I get to the Barbie aisle, her little eyes get big. She loves Barbies even more than Savannah did.

"Think there's anything here that you don't actually have?" I grin.

As we're walking, her eyes keep zeroing in on the Barbie Airplane. How much Barbie shit is there? We actually found something that she doesn't have. This thing is $80....Damn the makers of Barbie. They know us fools can't say no to our kids.

I move the cart over there and she keeps staring at it. "Should we get this so your Barbies can go to Hawaii?"

She looks at me with her beautiful hazel eyes and says.......nothing.

I silently put it in the cart and look around. "Wanna pick out a Barbie to go with it?"

She looks at all the Barbies and lets out a small smile. "She's pretty. She looks like Aunt Shay."

I smile at her as I pick up the Barbie and hand it to her. "She really does. You'll have to show it to her."

"Can I name her Shay?"