~72~ Things Will Change

Emma's POV

When we get back home, I start picking up the house and ignoring how awkward the brother and sister duo are being. Finally Trace blows out a breath and walks over to Izzy.

"This is your home for as long as you need it, but I have one stipulation......."

"Usually when men say that, it's sex."

Trace bites his lip to keep from snapping something back, and grabs both of her shoulders roughly.

"I'm taking you to the hospital. You're getting completely checked out. You're getting all of the tests that you need, to make sure nobody gave you anything. We're going now, or you can't live here."

"Then I'll leave," she shrugs as she stands up and walks toward the door.

"SO YOU'RE JUST THROWING EVERYTHING AWAY, AGAIN?!?!" He screams, making both her and I jump.

She slowly turns around and glares at him, and he matches her glare with his own.

"I'm asking you for ONE thing...Make sure you're healthy. You can't give me this one thing, when I'll literally give you anything that I have? You want money, I'll find you some. Food? I'll feed you. I'll buy you clothes, I'll help you find a job, I'll help you enroll in school....I'll be your BROTHER, and love the shit out of you if you let me, and I'm asking you for only one damn thing."

She clears her throat and looks at me. "I want Emma to take me."

"Nope, that's not the deal. I go or the deal is off."

"Why the hell would you want to go, Trace? Interested in seeing what I look like? It's kinda weird, but I can show you right now...."

"Shut the hell up and quit talking so vulgar. I'll step out of the room when they do the tests....Emma is sick, and she's desperate to lay down in bed right now, so I sure as hell am not making her go to the hospital with your sorry ass."

Omg he knows me so well. I'm about to have to go back to the bathroom, and all I want is sleep.

She looks at me for a moment and then back at Trace. "If I go to the hospital, then I want to go to Wendy's on the way back."

"I already told you I would feed you....." he says in an even tone, hiding how relieved he is.

"Fine," she nods as she crosses her arms.

Trace comes over to me and kisses me. "I'm sorry for this, Emmy. I love you."

"Love you too."

"Drink lots of water and get in bed, young lady," he says with a glimmer in his eye as he kisses my cheek.

"Ok," I grin as I go back upstairs.

~*~

I'm sleeping hard when I hear Trace talking softly on the phone. He sees me and rolls his eyes. "Dad, I've gotta go. I'll talk to you later."

He comes over to me and climbs in bed, bringing me in close.

"Sorry I woke you."

I sit up in bed and look at the clock. It's 5pm.

"I slept the whole day!!!" I groan as I stretch my back and roll my eyes.

"I just got home...How you feeling?"

"Pretty good," I say as I grab my glass of water from the night stand and take a long drink.