Chapter 75

***Khanyisa's POV.

We were in my house , my siblings and their partners that is ,even Ndabe's man was here,  having a small braai although sis'Zamo came alone together with Lethu. The men were all by the braai area , taking care of the meat while they were drinking and making noise ; all the ladies were in the kitchen cooking and making salads while the pregnant ones sat and watched us.

Nokukhanya : "Girl you about to pop."  We all looked at her and she shrugged gulping her glass of wine.

Qondi : "And I feel like I'm about to burst , seriously."

Me : "You will soon. Ndabe , you don't tell us that you've found yourself a man?!"  She smiles.

Ndabe : "I wasn't even that sure about us cause we only started dating."

Khanya : "Then how come you four months pregnant?" She clears her throat scratching her neck , Zamo giggles.

Ndabe : "to be honest we were just friends who helped each other out , you know"  she says in tiny pitched voice , shrugging. 

Qondi : "Like friends with benefits?"

Ndabe : "Yup and uCatchile."  We laugh.

Khanya : "How is his game? I've always wanted to know if what they say about white niggas?" Ndabe blushes and hides her face with her hands.

Qondi : "You don't need to explain shame , we get it!"  We all laugh. We keep talking , shifting from topics to topics. The table was now set and the guys came in to join us.

Asante : "Babe you okay?"  He asks worryingly to a flinching Nokukhanya.

Khanya : "Yeah I'm fin....aaahhh..ouhhhhhh"

Zamo : "Ndalwenhle yini?"  She starts crying saying she's feeling intense pain on stomach and all around her abdomen area.

Lethu : "Let's go!" Asante scoops her up and just gets her in the car with Lethu driving and Zamo on the passenger's seat , we all followed behind them to hospital. When we got to MEDICCLINIC , we found Asante , Lethu & Zamo by the waiting area ; we join them and seat quietly.

Two hours later the doctor walked up to us.

Doc : "Mrs Mchunu?"  We all stand up.

Asante : "Please , is my wife okay? What's going on? What's wrong with her?"

Doc : "Calm down sir , your wife is perfectly fine and healthy."

Zamo : "Then what the hell was the problem?" He smiles. I don't know what is amusing nx!

Doc : "Mrs Mchunu was just in labour and she delivered three healthy babies - two girls and one boy."

Us : "Babies!?!"  We all asked shocked. The doctor chuckles

Doc : "I guess y'all didn't know. Mrs Mchunu had what we call a cryptic pregnancy. Cryptic pregnancy is the phenomenon whereby women do not become consciously aware of their pregnancy until the last weeks of gestation or in some cases until they give birth. Many case studies report anecdotal cases where even relatives and family doctors do not become aware of the pregnancy."

Asante : "So you mean all this time we were pregnant?"

Doc : "Certainly sir."

Me : "And nothing is wrong with the babies?"  We had to be sure after all the drinking we been doing and maybe she might have been drinking with her husband too.

Doc : "No. The babies and the mother are perfectly fine and healthy so we might even discharge them tomorrow morning."

Zamo : "Wow , thank you. Can we see them?"

Doc : "Ye..."  He gets cut off by a screaming Qondi , she also gets admitted right away with Mnqobi next to her. I guess today it's 'welcome babies' day.

Lethu : "Seems like it's babies day today."  He says flopping on the bench and we all follow suit.

Zamo : "Sbari , why don't you go see your wife and kids in the meantime?"  He didn't need to be told twice cause he ran off. I wish Jabu , our cousin was here to spend this day with us but maybe next time ; she said she wanted to be with her mom and we understand.  Lethu calls the parents and they all arrive two hours later.

Mnqobi : "I'm a father to a baby boy!"  He said standing infront of us in his scrubs. We all cheer clapping and some are whistling. The men all give him a manly hug before he throws himself on mom and cries on her chest. Dad asks the doctor to organize one big ward for his daughters , we all barge in the room finding the couples cuddled up with their babies. Mom rushes to my twin sister and hugs her as they both sob , we all understand why though. The elders are carrying the babies.

Dad : "Mnqobi , you gave my grandson you big bald head!"  Everyone laughs.

Mrs Mchunu Snr : "What are the names kids?"

Mnqobi : "Okay me and Qondi decided to name our son , Phawulothando Khayone Dlamini."

Mr Nxumalo : "It's not Dlamini but Nxumalo."  Mnqobi clears his throat and nods , I am so tempted to laugh.

Mom : "Khayone?"

Q's mom : "It means 'God didn't make a sin by giving me him'."

Mrs Mchunu Snr : "That is such a beautiful name."

Dad : "And you?"

Asante : "Our boy is Londisizwe Nkosana Mchunu then the girls are Nozibusiso Simangele Mchunu & Lethinjabulo Ziphozonke Mchunu."

Mr Mchunu : "Beautiful names but how do you tell the girls apart?"  We all laugh.

Asante : "we'll figure it out."

Khanya : "Nozi is lighter with a small nose and Zipho has her father's skin colour with a bigger nose. And their eye color aren't the same."

Dad : "It's been what? And you already can tell them apart? Women!"  He rolls his eyes shaking his head and we all laugh. We continue talking and laughing until Midnight and we go home.