Chapter 11

***Khensani's POV.

Mnqobi has been avoiding me since since and I'm gladly doing the same too. Today is a Saturday and I'm going out with Lando , Mihlali , their boyfriends and Mthobisi. We will be going to Melville Koppies Nature Reserve. Mihlali has been here since the start of the week.

Lando : "Let's go guys."  Mnqobi walks in as we stand up to leave.

Mnqobi : "Niyaphi?" He asks with his eyes straight at me.

Mihlali : "we having a day out with our friends Lume." 

Mnqobi : "mmmh"  I was the first one to walk out followed by the girls.

Mihlali : "What's happening between you and Lume?"  She whispered.

Me : "Nothing."  We get in the BMW ×7 , that will be driven by a driver. I sit in the front seat while the two get in the back.

We were now having lunch at McDOnalds , we were all chatting and laughing with Mthobisi while Mihlali was busy being lovey dovey with her boyfriend and Lando flirting with Banele. Mthobisi is busy feeding me his fries while cracking jokes and I must say his jokes are good.

......: "must be nice."  I turn and I'm met by Mnqobi's hard face , his eyes on me. These girls don't even notice that Mnqobi is here.

Mnqobi : "Ey nina! Asambe!" Only then they notice Mnqobi and they stand up as fast as lightning. We walk to the car with Mnqobi guarding us and we don't even get a chance to bud goodbye to the guys. 

Luckily when we get home Mnqobi doesn't tell on us.

-FOLLOWING DAY !!!

I woke up feeling a little under the weather today so I didn't go to church with everyone. I go downstairs to the kitchen to make some food. I find Mnqobi making a sandwich too.

Me : "hi."  I greet him and carry on with making my fruit salad with granola and yoghurt. I put everything away when I'm done , when I turn to take my bowl , Mnqobi is already digging in. I click my tongue and snatch my bowl from him.

Mnqobi : "hau mfethu."  I look at him and hand back the bowl to him.

Me : "you can have it."  I turn to walk out but he grabs my hand making me halt my steps.

Mnqobi : "I want to eat with you."

Me : "Mnqobi I'm not one of those girls that get smitten by good looks or whatever. You may think I'm cheap or I'll be your somewhat lovestruck puppy towards you but I'm not. In fact this shit you keep on doing is really irritating and disgusting me. I won't let you treat me like this. Wena Mnqobi you think I'll just dance to your tune kanti lutho. You ignored me and I respected that and gave you space so I'd like it of you did the same."  I leave him before he can reply. I go sit by the poolhouse and read a magazine I find there.

Mnqobi : "I'm sorry."  I didn't even see him coming here.

Me : [silence]

Mnqobi : "I'm sorry I have been selfish and never considered your feelings. To be honest with you , I was scared of being rejected by you. I'm seriously scared of rejection. I will take this chance and ask. Can you please be my girlfriend?"   I look at him for sometime.

Me : " don't you have to take me out on dates first?"  He chuckles.

Him : " I'll do all that when I'm certainthat you won't reject me."

Me : "Fine. I agree."

Him : "Ngiyabonga sthandwa sami."  He says then pecks my cheek. I look at him with my one eyebrow raised. He chuckles then pulls me in for a full kiss.

Me : "How do we break the news to your parents? I don't want to seem ungrateful for their kindness and love for me."

Him : "Don't worry they'll understand." 

Me : "Can I ask you something?"

Him : "sure."

Me : "Your dad promised to help me with my flat also , do you know what happened with that?"

Him : "No I don't kodwa I'm sure dad sorted it and he'll let you know what you have to know."  I nod. I'm very muchd scared of Bab'Muzi so I definitely will wait for him to give me feedback.