Chapter 01

Matthew : "Khensani the big boss is asking for you in his office."  Matthew is my nosey colleague who I think thinks we friends. I straighten my skirt then walk to the big bosses office and knock until I'm invited in.

Me : "Goodday Mr Barak. I heard you called for me?"

Mr Barak : "Yes yes please sit Ms Myeza." I sit opposite him and wait for him to continue talking but nothing.

Me :  *clears throat*

Mr Barak : "oh uhm I have bad news for you and I'd really like to apologize for this. Unfortunately Ms Myeza your services will no longer be needed in TMB communications. I'm very sorry for the inconvenience but you will be paid for this month and the five following months so I'd suggest you look for work in the meantime."  Now what? What am I gonna do now? If I was a person who can cry I'd be bawling my eyes out.

Me : *clears throat* "thank you sir."

Mr Barak : "you may be excused."  I walk out immediately. Reaching my cubicle, I start packing my things. I request an uber to my place , when my ride gets here I ask the security to help me carry my  things to the uber. I don't ever use my car for work unless it's necessary.

I make a sandwich and chill in front of the TV. I can't help but wonder how my life would have been if I was raised by my parents then I remember that it's useless thinking about it now when I'm this grown without any supervision or love from anyone close to family.

I'm woken up by noise in the kitchen so I get up from the couch and grab the vase on the table and tiptoe to the kitchen.

Me : "what the hell!??!!!"  I scream as I see Thulani in the kitchen.

Thulani : "I'm sorry I scared you. I was making food since I saw that you didn't cook."  I leave him there and go throw myself on the couch. He joins me shortly.

Thulani : "How have you been?"

Me : "I lost my job today."  I say with a shrug.

Thulani : "Yoh that's bad."  I know he's somewhat happy. Thulani has always wanted me to let him do everything for me just so he can control me and I don't want that. He can be very controlling and sometimes aggressive.

》》》》》》》》》》》》》

I've been going up and down in town looking for a job but nothing. I'm now trying this company in Bryanston since I saw a poster that there are vacancies.

Me : "Good day."

Receptionist : "Hi. Welcome to DL Logistics. How may I help you?"

Me : "Uhm I saw a poster on my way around about open vacancies here. I'd like to know more about it please."

Receptionist : "Oh uhm yes we do have open vacancies for cleaners , junior receptionists. So why don't you come back tomorrow , 08am sharp  and you can join the interviews."

Me : "okay thank you so so much."