Chapter 73

***Ndabezinhle's POV.

I was taking my small sister and her friend out today. I was in sweat shorts , a baggy tee & sneakers. My braids were in a high bun.

Me : "Lando ngizokushiya!"  (Lando , I'll leave you behind!)

Lando : "Then who would you be taking out?"  She says walking down the stairs. She was in a black tight-fit-short-strap-dress amd sneakers. I drive to Ferndale to fetch Sthabiso.

Stha : "Hi sis'Ndabe. Bestie."  She greets after joining her friend in the backseat. She was also wearing the same outfit as her friend , they even had the same hairstyles.

Me : "You good babes?"

Stha : "Yes thank you."  They continue chatting up a storm with her friend. I was driving to the Shopping centre.

Café del Sol Botanico.

I love this restaurant. We settle in a table at the back , I love tables that are at the back because they keep you out of people's eyes.

Me : "What we having ke?"

Lando : "Sis , can we please have one , one glass of wine each. Please." 

Stha : "Yes please sis , we just wanna try it out." They both give me puppy eyes.

Me : "No , I'll be in trouble."

Stha : "Hawu sisi"

Lando : "Please please."

Voice : "Just let the kids babes."  I turn and it's Brandon. I stand up and hug.

Me : "How have you been bruh! It's been a minute." He kisses my cheek after breaking the hug.

Brandon : "You so grown Lando."  She smiles.

Stha : "Why you acting all shy now?"  We laugh. I love how carefree Sthabiso is. The girls end up ordering virgin cocktails atleast , I order cranberry juice and Brandon orders orange juice.

Waiter : "I hope y'all are ready to order."

Lando : "I'll have creamy chicken pasta."

Stha : "I too."

Me : "I'll have Pizza Salame e Pepperoni."

Brandon : "I'll have Italian Sausage Alfredo." We continue talking until the waiter brings our food.

Brandon : "Where's your husband?" 

Seb : "Here's her husband. Hi babe."  He kisses my lips then turns to the girls , smiles at them before greeting them too.

Lando : "It's nice to meet you."

Stha : "it's a pleasure to meet you sir!"

Me : "Seb uyaphapha , I was supposed to do the introductions."

Seb : "You were slow baby. I am your coming niece's father , your sister's future husband." He says to the girls.

Lando : "Oh wow! Sis'Ndabe is a very private person." She and Stha continue blabbering about me to Seb and he is so entertained. Brandon stands up and leaves just like that.

Seb : "Can you girls please go get me an energy drink from the garage across the road."  They stand up fast and go. Seb turns to me and kisses me deeply and breaks after sometime.

Seb : "Hi my love."

Me : "Hi."  I blush hard. His smile vanishes.

Seb : "Why disrespect me? How do you sit with your ex on one table?"  I look at him shocked. How does he know?!

Me : "He's like a friend. Are you ready for the dinner?"  I change the topic.

Seb : "hm.mh. I'm not ready." 

》》》》》》》》

So dad made sure to invite my grandfathers & uncle , he basically made sure that the whole close family must be present even BabuNkomo will be there. Mom , the grans , aunt and sisters were busy moving around setting up. It was a family gathering and dad thought it was a good idea for Seb to come today.

Mom : "Why aren't you helping out sisi?"

Me : "I'm drained. Why can't y'all invite him next week?"

Gogozi : "Why nje kodwa?" I roll my eyes cause she's mocking me. My cellphone pings indicating a message , I open it and it's Seb informing me that he's outside. I was about to go fetch him when dad walked in with him.

Dad : "Ndabe , here's your guest."  I clear my throat cause I really don't what to do or say and Seb -umuntu wenkosi- decides to come and stand next to me leaving dad the kitchen entrance , all the ladies in this kitchen have their eyes on us.

Aunt'Lungi : "Baby girl won't you introduce us?"  I clear my throat.

Me : "Uhm ba..Seb , that is my father , my mother right there , her sister , my grandmothers over there , then my sisters ; guys this is Seb."

Gogozi : "Seb owenzeni?"

Me : "Hau gogozi!"

Dad : "now she's asking a good question. Seb , sib , Sob or whatever what are you doing here?" He asks with his arms folded and a straight face. Hhayi iDrama!

Seb : "Uhm Zee is my partner. "

Aunt'Lungi : "What's that got to do with you being here?"  I thought she was on my side mos.

Seb : "Uhm...I.."  He says scratching his beard on his chin.

Dad : "Follow me."  He cuts him off walking out. I look at mom.

Me : "Mah?"

Gogo Luthuli : "Aibo Ndabezinhle , he has to go through all of that with your fathers and grandfathers hau. They all start chatting , ignoring ny nervous light ass.

Moyomuhle : "Twinnny! They grilling your man outside."  She dramatically says walking in and hugs me first. She goes over to hug everyone else.