Chapter 19

***Sifiso's POV

I had already started my classes in Durban University of Technology and I was adjusting quite well. My mom hadn't left yet , aunt and Liyana had been very welcoming and great. Makazi and Liyana had went out with Liyana's father and I was sitting with mom by the garden.

Me : "mama. Why do you always cry the day before my birthday?"

Mama : *clears throat*  "It's because I'm still grateful to have you in my life cause you almost died while in my womb."   I don't believe that.

Me : "come on mama."  She sighs.

Mama : "Okay. I was pregnant with twins. My pregnancy wasn't so smooth because *sighs* of witchcraft around the palace. So when I got in actual labor , it was early in the morning of the 16th of February. I gave birth in March , your twin came at about 23:50 then you came at about 00:20. Unfortunately your twin didn't survive *crying* I lost my baby before I could even breastfeed her. I never healed. The wound is still bleeding and very raw but I promise to heal. I'm sorry I never told you baby." 

Me : "So all my life I've been crying to you about having this void I never where it came from kanti you keeping the truth from me. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that."

Mom : "I'm also sorry baby."  I take out my phone and look for the picture Banele had took just to show me the girl they had thought was my lookalike. I find it finally.

Me : "Mom look , my friends actually thought I look like this girl."  She takes my phone and stares at the picture. Her hands start shaking vigorously , she starts breathing hard and fast too.

Mom : "who's this Yanga?"

Me : "Are you okay?"

Mom : "Ngubani lona Yanganathi!" She asked more sternly.

Me : "She's a girl I went to school with. She was friends with my friends. I never knew her until Banele showed me that picture. She was newbie at school by the way."  Her hands were shaking and her breathing had quickened as if of anger or nervousness.

Mom : "Who are her parents? Where does she stay?"

Me : "I only know that she's sisters with Banele's girl."

Mom : "that's ny daughter!"

---------------Few days later!!!-------------------

Mom cooped up herself in her room and Aunt would assure us that she was okay. Mom eventually came out of her room and told me to ask Banele for his girlfriend's home address and what was shocking was how he gave me without any hassles anyway when he gave me , mom then told us that we would be going to Joburg the upcoming weekend which was like in 5 days.

On other notes , mom has been ignoring dad ever since we came here. Whenever I try to ask what's happening back home that actually made me sick and her distant with dad , she ignored me completely or she'd just tell me off.

Anyway Liyana wss taking me on a tour around 'her hood' as she stated. We were walking towards a fast-food container , holding hands. You know those stares from people who don't know you? Those uncomfortable or judgmental stares , yes that's what I was getting.

Liyana : "Thenga ke bhuti"

Me : "Aibo Liyana. How can you take me on a tour around YOUR hood ebese you want me to buy futhi?"

Liyana : "Aibo. You are older nje!"

Me : "ay I don't have cash with me."  She rolled her eyes and digged in her pockets and came out with a R50 note.

Me : "usile wena"  she bought Vetkoeks and fried chips. We walked back home ignoring the stares from the people. When we got nearer the gate I spotted dad's car so we rushed inside.

Mom : "I said leave Sizwe!"

Dad : "Ngiyacela MaRhadebe. MaNxumalo wami please baby."  He sounded so vulnerable. Good thing Liyana stayed outside with her friend , don't ask me why I'm even eavesdropping.

Mom : "So your people can kill me this time Sizwe? Huh?"  What people? I wonder.

Dad : "I'll protect you baby. They won't do anything."

Mom : "How will you protect me when you couldn't protect my kids Sizwe? Huh? Tell me. How?"

Dad : "Sthandwa sami kudala ngixolisa. Ngiyaphinda futhi I'm sorry from the depth of my heart."

Mom : *crying* "That won't change a thing Sizwe! It won't bring back my daughter that I lost. It won't heal uYanga ekuguleni kwakhe man!"

Dad : "I'll do better."

Mom : "You won't be able to do better if you still expect me in the same room as them! Soze Sizwe!"

Dad : "I'll buy a new house if have to baby."

Mom : "Didn't I tell you ukuba if you take another wife uya kundazi? Khaw'phume apha man Sizwe Nxumalo."

Dad : "Promise me you'll be back home atleast."

Mom : "I'll decide."

Dad : "Send my greeting to my son. I love you bye."  I quickly went to the backyard to join Liyana and her friend.