Chapter 33

***Khensani's POV

We had drove down to Hlomohlomo with dad since he didn't go back that day but booked into a BnB. We were all in one car , Lexus LX. The car drove in to this big yard with a big house , two one storey house , two huts and one Wendy house in the far end. I hear mom heave a huge sigh next to dad , who turns to her and kisses her forehead.

Dad : "We'll be okay , I promise."

Two women , three girls and one boy stand by the door of the big house looking at the car. One of the women is carrying a cup of something.

Me : "I thought you said one nje Sakhe."

Sakhe : "One of the older girls and the young girl , are your step-siblings from MaMkhize. I met her with her kids in the picture so I raised them as mine. The boy is your brother and the other girl your brother's wife."  Mom scoffs and gets out of the car , we follow suit. Mom grabs both Yanga and I's hands and walks towards the double door of the big house. The woman with a cup in hand chokes when our eyes meet but quickly composes herself.

Mom : "Sanibonani."  She greets with the biggest fake smile ever!

Woman1 : "MaRhadebe."  She also greets with a fake smile.

Sakhe : "Makhos'kazi. We found my daughter , Sifiso's twin sister that we thought had died long time ago. Qondi , these are your other mothers. That is MaNgwane , MaMkhize and then your sisters , Ntombenhle & Zanele ; your brother's wife Snethemba and then that's your big brother Siyanda."  I smile tightly.

Me : "I'm glad to meet you all." MaNgwane , the one who was carrying a cup , smiled and came forward in terms to hug me. She hugged me , while she hugged me , a picture flashed in front of my eyes. I break the hug and look at her wide-eyed.

We eventually do inside the house and go settle in the lounge. When dad was about to start narrating my story , I interrupt him.

Me : "I actually found out about my real family five years back when my adoptive parents sat me down."  I continue telling the fake story and dad is just looking at me. Well , Lethu had called Mnqobi the fay we were together and asked to soeak with me , he told me that I mustn't trust anyone wherever I'm going because I'm apparently in danger and I must say , that drove Mnqobi insane because he even suggested that he books into a BnB nearby home or something but I shut him up.

Mom : "Please excuse us , it's been a long drive."  She says standing up holding out her hand to me , I gladly take it and I grab Yanga's hand too then we walk to a bedroom.

Me : "Who's room is this?"

Yanga : "Mom's room."

Me : "Dad sleeps here too?"

Mom : "Aibo what do you think , he's my husband." 

Me : "Please change the sheets." She laughs. She prepares the bed so we can sleep.

Waking up later on , mom and Yanga are still knocked out so I leave them there and go looking for the kitchen. I walk out of the room then I hear whispering somewhere so I follow it and it leads me to the room at the end of the passage.

Woman : "You are stupid! You couldn't find that brat now she's here!"  She sounds like to be talking through her gritted teeth.

Woman : "This will ruin everything! Uyislima Sibiya!"  I just leave and go in search for the kitchen cause I was hungry. I find the three ladies in the kitchen.

Me : "Hi."  I greet them. They mumble their greetings. Just as I make food , my phone rings and it's Mnqo.

*********
Me : "Mnqo?"   I answer and stand on the other end of the kitchen.

Mnqo : "Couldn't you just say babe? Or baby?"

Me : "Talk Mnqo or I hang up."

Mnqo : "Why are you grumpy? You haven't eaten?"  I hang up. He calls again immediately.

Me : "Mnqo?"

Mnqo : "I miss you."

Me : "mmmh"

Mnqo : "Hawu baby? Don't you miss me?"

Me : "No but I miss my boyfriend and you aren't my boyfriend wena."  He sighs.

Mnqo : "I'm on my way home right now."

Me : "Until then Mnqo , you don't have a girlfriend by the name , Qondisile."

Mnqo : "Bye. I love you."  He drops the call

*******************
Just then I receive a text from an Unknown number *Don't eat anything that's not made by your mother.  ~Lethu* I frown.

Sne : "Cha uyadelela , talking to your boyfriend like that when we are your elder sisters!"

Me : "I apologize."  The three of them smile to each other.

Sakhe : "Good thing I found you here! Woza kubaba nkosazane yami."  He says walking in then holds his hand out to me , as I'm about to take it Ntombenhle runs and pushes me aside grabbing Sakhe's hand , making me bump with the cupboard.

Sakhe : "Hhayi Ntombi , you'll hurt her , I wasn't even talking to you man!"  He snaps grabbing my hand and yanking Ntombi's. Ntombenhle is the younger girl , she looks roughly 23 and her sister looks 27.

MaMkhize : "So you gonna shout at my daughters now just because you've found your biological daughter? Now my daughters don't matter to you?" I frown , like why so personal? Why so dramatic?

Sakhe : "Kahle MaMkhize!"  He snaps and we walk out.