Chapter 10

***Ndabezinhle's POV

Mom and dad summoned me home and I know my blabber-mouth brother told them. I was given no choice but to go home today.

Neill Adams , my husband of five years started showing his true colors after two years into our marriage , well it only started getting intense this year. Me and Neill Adams met in Varsity , he was a tutor , we became friends then hit it off and here we are today! We don't have kids at all.

The house is quiet which means mom is alone and the siblings are in school. I find her busy on her tab , I think on a conference call since she's on her formal wear.

Mom : "Sit down!" She says not even looking at me. After some time when she's done she turns to look at me sharply.

Me : "You good mommy?" She doesn't even smile.

Mom : "Please lift up your t-shirt for me"

Me : "aibo why mama?"

Mom : "Just do it!" I lift up my t-shirt hesitantly. She comes closer and inspects my bruises and bruise marks that are starting to fade. She looks me in the eye , I don't miss the hurt and disappointment that passes through her eyes.

Mom : "why?" She asks softly.

Me : "I'm sorry mama."

Mom : "I'll fucken smash this tablet on your head wena!" She shouts and I keep my head down and my mouth shut.

Mom : "WHY NDABEZINHLE THEMBELIHLE DLAMINI?!!?"

Me : "I was scared. I also didn't want to be the black sheep of the family mama. My sisters are all happily married and mina?"

Mom : "That's pure madness Ndabezinhle. Anifani Ndabezinhle! And I thought I taught you well about these things , kwenzakaleni? What happened ngempela?"

Me : "Angazi ma."

Mom : "Yini? Is it us? Is it me maybe or what? Cause I seriously don't understand why y'all never try to confide in me when I always try to be more welcoming so I can be y'alls guys safe place kodwa nina ningenza nje!"

Me : "I didn't want to worry you mama."

Mom : "THAT IS MY JOB NDABEZINHLE! Angizotshelwa inina ukuthi I must not worry about you guys when I carried all of you for a whole period of nine months kuwena it's worse cause I carried you for ten whole months then you have the guts to tell me I must not worry about you? What am I to you Ndabezinhle?"

Me : "You my mother."

Mom : "then why the hell do you want to tell how to go about with parenting?"

Me : "I'm sorry."

Mom : "So are you leaving that sham of a marriage or you want to die?"

Me : "come on mah."

Mom : "You staying? Wow." She wipes her tears before they could fall.

Me : "I still love him mama." She chuckles bitterly , shaking her head.

Mom : "it's fine mntanami. Dig your own grave , we'll bury you and mourn your death." She leaves me feeling like shit. I hear her bedroom door bangs.