Chapter 28

***Ndabezinhle's POV

I seriously can never justify the sudden anger and dislike I have for my mom , I know I love that woman more than anything or anyone but I have this sudden hate for her man that I also don't understand. I don't like how I've been towards my mother , the only person who's always there for me. I was with my Sis'Zamo in her house.

Zamo : "Please explain yourself to me."  She says with her stern scary face. At this age I'm still scared of her.

Me : "Explain myself in what way?"

Zamo : "Don't make me a fool wena! I want to know what the heck is your problem? Why disrespect uMah like this? Huh? How do you think uLando , the boys will take mah when you shout at her as if she's your friend or your mate? Heh? What nonsense is that , who did you learn that from? Wena udakwa umbuso. UMah has been nothing but a great mother to all of us and wena all of a sudden indoda says something about uMah and you choose to believe a stranger over someone who raised you and nurtured you! What is wrong with you ngempela? Hasn't Mah proven to be the best mother ever? Ndabe uyaxaka sisi. Like you of all people shouldn't be doing this , uMah has had our backs even when it was unnecessary and she still does! Wena growing up , facing all those challenges who was there the most? Is it this stupid man of yours?uMah has laid her life for us in many situations and wena this is how you want to show gratitude? Wasn't she there crying with you when you finally came out with the rape issue? Wasn't she there when ubaba was being unfair kuwe? Wasn't she there when you miscarried after disappointing her with getting pregnant? She was there to pick up all the pieces when you had a mental breakdown , when you were into deep in depression. Wasn't she the one who convinced dad to take you to Cuba? Huh? She was there for you in everything and everyway possible. I seriously don't understand why the sudden spoilt brat behaviour mina weNdabe! You know exactly how she felt when you came out with the rape issue , you know how she became extra clingy because she blamed herself , because she wanted to be aware of everything that's happening in our lives and wena you just had to blame her for the rape , for dad's doings , for your failed marriage! Did you ever take a minute to think how she feels cause knowing umama she was already blaming herself for your husband's abusive behavior. Ndabe uMah didn't give birth to your husband nor did she kill uSphamandla lo osum'thanda kangaka! You were there when omkhulu revealed everything. In your words and with how you acting , you basically telling ukuthi it would've been better if it was uMah who lost her life and uSphamandla can continue destroying our family."

Me : *crying* "That's not true."

Zamo : "Then what is Ndabe?Because it was basically mom or your precious Sphamandla's life , so who would you have preferred to die? Our mother?"

Me : *sniffs*  "No."

Zamo : "With the way you acting , it doesn't seem like it."  She wipes her tears and walks out of the lounge. I take my handbag and phone then run to my car. I drive off but ny tears keep blinding my vision so I park at the side of the road and just bury my head on the steering wheel and bawl my eyes out. Someone knocks on my window , I wipe my face then lower my window. I know he won't harm me cause many cars are passing by.

Guy : "Hey! You seem disoriented and my sister wouldn't let me drive past you."  I clear my throat.

Me : "Your sister?"  He nods

Guy : "Yeah , that's my car infront of yours , she's inside."

Me : "I never noticed. Don't aorry about me , I'm fine."  He nods.

Guy : "I can't let you drive like this. Let me drive you and my sister will drive behind us. Please."  I nod. He goes to his car then comes back shortly. I get in the passenger's seat and he takes the steering wheel. I just close my eyes when he is back on the road. He shakes me after sometime.

Guy : "We here."  I notice that we inside the yard at home and dad is standing outside my door. I get out of the car and he just grabs me and hugs me tightly and that triggers my tears.

Me : *sobbing*  "I'm sorry."

Dad : "Shh it's okay baby."

Guy : *clears throat*  "I'd like to take my leave now , my sister is waiting outside." 

Dad : "Thank you so much for bringing my daughter home."

Guy : "It's okay. Goodbye and I hope you heal from whatever miss."  I nod.

Dad : "Thanks again." Dad locks my car and walks with me inside the house. We find mom and Lando helping the small boys with homework. I greet but no one responds. I don't blame her though , I've been a bitch to her for absolutely no reason.

Sphelele : "Dad , did you bring me my happy meal?"

Dad : "No champ!" 

Simphiwe : "But dad you promised." 

Me : "I'll buy you guys happy meals." 

Simphiwe : "No thank you!"  He says with a frown. I just walk up to my room and lock myself in. I lay on the bed. Mom would be knocking on my door right now if I never did what I did. I really need her cuddles right now. There's absolutely no way I can take back what I said nor did.