Chapter 43

FOUR DAYS LATER!!!!

***Mnqobi's POV.

Life isn't fair at all , Sis'Zamo doesn't deserve this at all , in fact nobody does. It is quite a painful period for everyone but mostly my big sister. She doesn't eat unless she's given food by mom , she doesn't want Uminathi out of her sight and it's understandable. The twins father just went AWOL , together with his girlfriend and we didn't bother to even contact Langa's mother because of a text she had sent to Sis'Zamo , it said   "it would have been better if nothing tied you to my son otherwise I'd have long gotten rid of you and those brats if my son didn't love them and you so much"  so mom and gogozi made sure that , that woman wasn't informed. Dad woke up yesterday and he hasn't been told about his grandson plus he didn't want us to see him except for mom. Qondi has been very supportive and I actually came back with her. Well , to me she said she's here for Sis'Zamo.

Mom's parents also arrived yesterday and it's quite awkward and weird how mom isn't close to her parents anymore , she's only civil with them.

I was coming from the mall with Qondi , we had to run some errands , well I gad to but I wanted to be with my woman. Qondi has been not so nice to me since we left KZN , I think it also has to do with hiw things ended between us the last time she was here.

Me : "Do you want ice cream?"  I asked her as I ordered through the McDonald's drive thru.

Qondi : "Yes please."  I buy her fav then hand it to her , she mutters a thanks. I drive home. We find Sis'Zamo in dad's arms on the couch.

Me : "Dad , you back?"  I go over to him but he just stares at me blankly.

Me : "don't tell me you don't remember me."  He gives me one of his scary looks.

Dad : "I still have to talk to you."  He says pointing his finger at me.

Me : "What did I do now tyma?"

Dad : "We will talk , now get out of my face."  I walk off to the kitchen. I hear dad greeting Qondi so politely , Wow uMuzi !!

Mom : "Thank you."  She says taking everything she had asked me to get. I help her with cooking , mkhulu walks in.

Mkhulu : "Makoti , can you please join us in the study upstairs?"

Mom : "Now baba?"

Mkhulu : "Yes , it's about the matter you told us about , that happened at the mall."

Mom : "I'm sorry baba kodwa can't we put that in hold , we are still in mourning and we have alot to do. You called my parents the day you arrived , they chose not to show up and with all due respect , I won't leave everything and attend to them because it now suits them? I'm sorry. Can we just focus on the burial of my grandson then we can get back to all that other baggage we have. I don't mean to be rude."  Then she continues chopping , leaving Mkhulu shocked and in disbelief. He walks off.

Me : "Aibo mama!!"

Mom : "Ungayingeni engakufuni weMnqobi!" (Don't involve yourself where it doesn't concern you Mnqobi!) I shut my mouth immediately.

》》》》》》》》》》

Thandeka's POV.

Hardships are meant to make us stronger and sharpen us for the future , that's what they say. Well the three days I was instructed to spend and work with in the palace has come to an end. Sakhe went out for some meeting around the community and his wives are wherever God knows so I'm by myself in this house. I decide to go clean the guestrooms inside this house since it's mine.

I'm now about to clean the third and last guestroom , I try opening the door but it us locked so I go to the kitchen and look for a spare key in the keys drawer. I find it. Opening the door , I am met by an intoxicating smell of strong herbs. The room is dark even though it's daytime but it's so dark. I turn the light on. What I see is very terrifying and skin crawling. On the wall is a picture of me and it is smeared with some dark red substance that kinda looks like blood , needles all around ; next to it is a picture of my son and it is also damaged like mine. I notice two black three-legged pots and they are different in sizes. I peek through the small pot since it's open , my heart thuds as I see my daughter's picture and underwear inside and it is mixed with some herbs and some green and red liquid substance. My phone rings and I scream startled , I quickly cover my mouth. I answer it without checking the caller id.

***********
Me : "Hello?"

BabuNkomo : "Get a lighter and burn what you just saw especially your daughter's things but do not touch the pots , just light a piece of paper and throw it inside that pot. Sprinkle some of the holy water I gave you around that room and inside that pot after you've burnt those. Use gloves when taking down yours and your son's pictures from that wall. Don't forget to pray while doing all that."

Me : "okay."  He cuts the call.

***********

I quickly get everything I'll need. I start off with lighting up a paper and throw it inside the pot , black strong smoke arises then disappears. I pour the holy water inside , I then notice that the pot is now empty and left with a dead tiny black snake. My God! What type of twisted witchcraft is this! I then get on with getting the pictures down then burn them and put out the small fire using the holy water. I sprinkle the water around the room and blow some holy ash around then get out of the room and lock it. So someone actually had the nerve to use a guestroom in my house and turn it into their evil playground!