Newt Imagine

This was requested by scottserenity . I appreciate her patience for this. So without further ado. A Newt Imagine! Enjoy!

️I remember when I first came into the box. I remember 10 boys staring down at me. I remember one in particular. Blonde hair, chocolate brown eyes, thin and somewhat muscular figure. He was perfect.

Now it's been officially 2 years since I came up from the box. Newt was my friend. Well, more like best friend. But I still got butterflies every time he laughed or touched me. I guess you could say, I like him. A lot. He always treated me right, he protected me when more and more boys showed up, he was-

"Serenity!" My thoughts were interrupted. "Earth to Serenity!" I snapped back out of my daydream to see Newt waving his hand in front of my face.

"S-sorry, I-um...sorry." I quickly stuttered out.

"We're having a bonfire to celebrate the newest greenie," Newt stated.

"Oh-uh, alright then. Um, what's his name?" I stumbled out. Damn it why does he have that effect in me.

"Thomas." Newt said. And with that he walked away. I almost always avoid the other gladers, cause I don't fit in. But tonight, I didn't really have a choice.

~~le time skip~~

Everything was almost set up for the bonfire. The boys were just getting last minute wood. I tried helping but Newt said no. Hmm... I wonder why. I was just sitting on the grass, leaning against a wall. Then, Gally announced they were gonna start. I turned and saw Newt, Alby, Minho, Gally, and some other boys throw lit torched into the huge pile of wood. The pile, quickly set a flame. Then the boys started going into 'groups'. Some fighting, some just talking, and some drinking. I just sat there alone.

"Hey," a voice called behind me. I turned and saw Newt and Minho walking my way.

"Oh, hey." I said back. I turned back around hoping to be by myself. But Newt and Minho sat inbetween me. Minho to my left and Newt to my right. I mean I'm not complaining, just my butterflies were soaring in my stomach now.

"So....how's it going? Newt asked awkwardly. Minho nudged him in his side. Minho faked coughed and stood up.

"I think my friend, here had something to say. So I'll leave you to it." Minho smirked and walked off.

"What's his problem?" I laughed.

"I-um, I wanted to tell you something," Newt stuttered. It must be serious because Newt never stutters. "Listen, Serenity, I really like you, not like you but like like you. Ever since you came up in the box, you've been the most amazing, beautiful, funny, person I've met. I don't know if-" I cut him off by crashing my lips into his.

"I like you too Newt." I said after I pulled away. Then I gave him a peck on the cheek.

"So? Does that make us a couple?" He asked hesitantly.

"Yes." I said and smiled. I heard hoots and hollers from behind us. I knew the whole glade was talking about us. I ignored them and snuggled with Newt for the rest of the night.