Too Late (Newt)

Note: this is before Newt's...'incident'

After the newest greenie, Luke, went missing, Alby sent some of the best runners. Which is Newt, Minho, Ben, and me. I was with Newt, because he is my boyfriend. We covered section 2 while Minho and Ben covered section 5. We headed off to our designated sections. Newt holding my hand the whole way.

~~

4 hours in the maze and we haven't found him. No sign or anything. Everybody thought he was dead, but Alby insisted we at least TRY and find him. Which is easier said than done...

"Newt, it's getting dark..." I said looking at my watch. My eyes lit up in panic. "Shit! Newt we- what? W-where..." I turned in a full circle. "Newt!" I screamed in terror. Where was he? "Newt come on this isn't funny! We-we have to go!" I screamed.

It was getting dark but if Newt really was missing, I wasn't gonna leave him. I started searching around, yelling his name occasionally. I had exactly 16 minutes to get back.

I turned a corner, and ran straight into someone. I thought it was Newt. I hoped. But it wasn't. It was Minho with Ben at his side.

"What're you doin'? Doors are about to close! Gotta run." Minho said grabbing my wrist. I pulled away.

"N-Newt's missing. I don't know where he went. He was with me one second then he's gone. I-I can't leave him." Tears threatened to spring to life.

"We have to go." Minho gave me a stern look. I shook my head while backing away.

"N-no...Minho, please." I pleaded. Minho didn't answer. Instead he charged at me. He lifted my up by placing his hands under my arms. Ben must've caught on, because he grabbed my legs and they started running towards the doors. I kicked and thrashed and screamed.

"NO! NEWT! NEWT! WHERE ARE YOU!" I tried escaping Minho and Ben's death grip but it was impossible. "LET ME GO!" I screamed, kicking in places where I hoped it hurt.

But it was no use. They kept carrying me down the stone corridors, but I never stopped fighting them.

Eventually, we got to the glade. Everyone gave glares to Minho and Ben because, well, you know. Ben left to draw the maps, while Minho put me in the slammer.

"What is your PROBLEM!?" I yelled with each word getting louder.

"I know what you're thinking, you're gonna go into the maze when I'm not looking. I'm not dumb. You'll be in here until the doors close."

"But-"

"Listen," Minho interrupted me, "I didn't wanna leave him either...but we can't risk anyone else." I didn't get what he was saying at first, but then it hit me.

He's gonna die.

After that, if Minho spoke, I didn't hear it. I blocked out everyone and everything. Apparently, the doors too. Because Minho opened the slammer door after a while. I just say there. I cried into my knees. Thinking of all the wonderful memories of me and Newt.

He's not gonna die. Please don't die.

I silently prayed.

I don't know how, but I fell into a dark sleep.

~~

I awoke with a start. I was surprised to see myself in a room. And not anybody's room.

Newt's room.

I was about to get up and go to the deadheads, but then I saw him. He exited the bathroom, and he came into full view. A view i thought id never see again.

"N-Newt?" I asked. "W-where were you? You-you-" Newt cut me off.

"I got lost in the maze." He walked over and kissed me. "I'm so bloody sorry y/n. Don't be mad at Minho or Ben..,I'm happy you're okay." He kissed my forehead.

"I was so worried, please...don't go back." I pleaded. "I-I thought I lost you. I thought I was too late."

"I Promise. And darling, you're never too late. He mumbled. He lied next to me on the cot. So many questions were left Unanswered, but they could wait for now. I was just so happy to see him. I thought I was never going to see him again. Newt pulled me closer.

I could stay here forever.

~~

A/n- okay well here's a double update for you shanks because I love you so shucking much.

K ily bye.
-Evie🌙

(P.s. Hehe new emoji^)