Too Late (Gally)

I was running. I don't know why. Or from what...but I was running. Through the maze to be more specific. I remember the pattern as I breathlessly ran through the corridors.

Left, right, left, left, left.

I was about to turn right until I a screech erupted from a somewhat long distance.

My dreamself ran towards the yelp. I zigzagged more and more making myself confused.

I rounded a corner and saw a body crumpled on the stone floor.

"Oh shuck!" I unintentionally said. I ran over to the boys aid. I lifted his head and saw my worst nightmare.

Gally.

My boyfriend, layed lifeless on the cold maze floor. I screamed in agony.

"G-Gally?" I mumbled. I let a sob escape my lips. Tears rolled down my cheeks. "N-no...please baby...no!"

I closed my eyes and I sobbed into his chest.

For a while, all that was heard was my sobs, but then a voice shot over the maze. It was like it was coming from an intercom or something.

The voice said,

"WICKED is good."

~~

I shot up from my cot. I felt around. Making sure I'm not in another dream. When I got to my face, it had hot tears on it.

That's when realization slapped me.

Gally was still in the maze.

Yesterday, he went with Alby, Minho, and Thomas into the maze to get a huge boulder out of the way. (lol idek.) Well, Gally never came back. I thought the worst for my boyfriend. I tried to be hopeful, but I just couldn't.

I silently got out of my cold room and started walking to the maze doors.

I put my back against the doors and slid down. Letting tears fall down my cheeks. I put my knees to my chest and my palms to my face and cried. I didn't care who heard me.

"G-Gally, I'm so sorry...." A pause. "I was too late. I'm sorry baby." I whisper one last thing, "I love you."

More tears are streaming down my face when I hear a voice.

"Y/n?" An accent. Newt. He was like a brother to me, I knew I could trust him.

I wiped some tears off and looked up. Newt was walking over to me. Well, more of a limp.

Newt didn't say anything else. He sat next to me. He held out his arms. I hugged him and cried more. Newt was always there to comfort me.

"He'll be back. I just know it." Newt tried to comfort me, I just nodded. I suddenly felt a very tired feeling wash over my body.

I closed my eyes and prayed.

Please, Gally. Please.

Then I let blackness engulf me.

~~

When I woke up, I was in my room again. I don't know how and I don't care. I checked my watch- Newt gave me an extra- 6:04 a.m. I jumped out of the cot and ran to the open doors.

I still had a pang of hopelessness, but I sure as hell wasn't going to give up.

As I closed in on the doors, only one person stood there. Newt.

When I got there Newt took my hand.

"I'm sorry, y/n." He whispered. I felt one tear roll down my cheek. Newt let my hand go and walked away. I crumpled to the floor. Everything was numb. I looked into the maze the whole time.

I waited for 10 minutes, nothing happened. Just when I was about to give up, I heard a voice.

"Helllp..." It sounded desperate, but it wasn't loud. It was almost like I heard it inside my head. I didn't think twice. I ran into the maze, ignoring the boys shouts.

I ran down the long corridor and came upon the first turn. The turn that puts the glade out of view. I looked left the right. To the right, I saw a body laying. I instinctively ran over to his aid.

"Help me..." The boy called out. His leg was bent at a weird angle.

But He was alive.

"Oh shuck." I mumbled. I dove into the floor and turned the boys head.

Gally.

"Gally! Oh shuck!" I yelled. "SOMEBODY HELP! PLEASE!" I screamed, hoping the glade can hear.

"Hey, baby." Gally smiled.

"Shhh...don't waste your energy." I said kissing his forehead. "Y-you're alive."

"I knew I had to survive-" he coughed. "Survive, for you."

I laughed in relief.

"I love you so much." I told him.

"I love you so much. Y/n, to the moon and back. More than that." He smiled. His mouth opened, but I heard shouts and I knew it wasn't him. I turned and saw Minho, Ben, and some other runners shouting and running in our direction. Everything else was a blur. But one thing I knew for sure.

Gally was alive. And I couldn't be more happy.