Too Late (Minho)

"Come on...come on.." Newt said pacing by the entrance of the maze. Minho and Alby left to find a dead griever hours ago, and now the doors were about to close. The whole glade was waiting anxiously. Especially me and Newt. I was Minho's girlfriend and Newt lived with these shanks since...well...forever.

Thomas looked like he was going to punch someone. Thomas was the newest greenie, but that slinthead is either really brave or really dumb.

Gally was crouched down, mumbling stuff like, "they'll never make it." "They are dead meat." He was hopeless. But, right now, I'm losing hope as well.

"Can't we send someone after them?" Thomas asked while anxiously looking inside the maze doors.

"That's against our rules." Gally muttered, "Don't wanna kill more people."

"They're not dead!" I yelled at gally.

"Yet." Gally muttered under his breath.

"You know what? I'm really tired of you and your-" I was cut off, when the walls quaked.

"Oh no..." Newt said hopelessly, whilst running a hand through his messy hair. Minho and Alby were in the maze and the doors were about to close.

Then, someone shouted. I look up from where I had my eyes fixed in the dirt, to see Minho with Alby on his back.

Something's wrong.

Then, the doors began to close. Minho and Alby were a good 30 meters away. There was no way...

Everyone erupted in supportive shouts. Except me. The love of my life was in the maze as the doors started closing. I glanced at Newt to see him shouting and motioning with his hands. Then again, everyone was.

Minho put Alby down and started dragging him by his ankles. The doors were 8 inches apart.

7

6

5

It felt like time had slowed down, when I saw Thomas into run into the maze.

Without realizing it, I tried to run in aswell. How could I sit and watch Minho hopelessly run to the doors, only to find that they are sealed shut?

But I felt warm hands grab my shoulders and jolt me to the side.

I was on the floor trying to scramble to the doors, but arms were wrapped around my stomach holding me back. I screamed before a huge boom erupted throughout the glade.

Everyone's noise dialed down, but I screamed.

"Y/n...you know I couldn't-" Newt began but I quickly cut him off.

"Just don't. Okay? I should've been the one to go out there, not THOMAS! I WAS TOO LATE!" I yelled throwing my hand up and running to my hammock.

I lied in my hammock and no one bothered me. Which was good, because I don't think I look good while crying.

I didn't move for anything. Newt tried to make me eat but I ignored him.

I eventually fell into a deep, dreamless slumber.

~~

I woke up and instantly thought of Minho. Sure, I was pissed off, but I had hope for him. I stumbled out of my hammock and ran to the door.

Newt, Zart, Gally, and Chuck were waiting for the doors to open. I joined them, not caring how I looked.

"You look like a train wreck." Gally told me.

"Well you know, I'm sorry that MY BOYFRIEND IS OUT THERE! WHAT THE HELL IS YOUR PROBLEM!?" I yelled trying to not to let my emotions get the best of me. Man, I wanted to punch Gally.

"You guys really need to stop shucking arguing." Newt said nervously. Mainly because his attention wasn't adverted to us, it was focusing on the walls, they were going to open any second now.

Everyone was silent. Then, the doors creaked, and they started opening. The whole glade shook. Everyone peered into the maze as its doors opened.

10 seconds later, the doors were open, but no Minho or Alby was in sight. Newt sighed.

"I told you, Chuck." Gally mumbled. Chuck was probably the most anxious one there. Other than me. Everyone started heading back to their assignments. Including me.

I walked away, kicking the dirt. I was mad. Mad at the creators who sent us here. Watched us die. And now-

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard Zart yell,

"GUYS!"

I turned to see Minho and Thomas carrying Alby. Albys arms were draped around Minho and Thomas and they dragged him. They layed Alby down gently. I was in total shock. Minho ran up to me and hugged me. He grabbed me and spun me in circles. I wrapped my arms around him.

"How did you...what the...are you..real?" I was astonished.

"I'm here. I'm so sorry. I love you so much." Minho mumbled between kisses.

"Y-you scared the klunk out of me. I just-" I cut myself off.

"It's okay, y/n. I'm here. And I'll never leave you." Minho whispered theist part in my ear. Making shivers run down my spine.

"I can't believe you." I managed to crack a smile.

"Well believe it, shuckface." Minho smiled aswell.

"Your shuckface." I reminded him.

"And I wouldn't want it any other way."

~~

A/n- hey! Okay so I don't have much to say, other than my hand is swollen, so sorry about errors.

I'll be making a Newt and a Gally one soon, so if you have any ideas about how it should go...let me know! (Omfg I should be a rapper)

K ily bye.
-Evie💕