Period

This wasn't requested but I thought of if and laughed at myself. Warning- This contains 'that time of the month.'

I've been at the glade for a month. We know what that means, period. I was expecting it. Then it hit me. Almost literally. I got a really bad cramp in my lower abdomen. I walked upstairs into my room and secluded myself from everyone.

"Owwww!" I moaned in pain as I plopped on my cot. I sat there alone for another 10 minutes moaning in pain. A sudden burst through the door scared me.

"What the- CLINT! JEFF! COME HERE! HURRY!" I heard a voice say. He ran up to me and leaned over me. "Are you okay!? What happened!?" I looked over and saw Thomas's face filled with concern.

"I'm. Fine." I said through clenched teeth. "I don't-" I was cut off when a groan of pain spilled out of my mouth.

"You're obviously not okay.. What happened?" He was trying to hold me hand. I pulled away.

"GO AWAY!" I screamed as Clint and Jeff ran in.

"What happened?"

"Macy? Are you okay?" Jeff asked. Great. How am I supposed to explain this now.

"I-" I was cut off by Newt and Alby running through the door.

"What the bloody hell is going on!?" Newt half asked half yelled.

"I-i don't know! She was in pain and I asked what happened and she freaked out." Thomas explained.

"Why are you-" ably began.

"IM ON MY SHUCKING PERIOD!" I screamed. Everyone grew silent.

"The hell is that?" Thomas asked.

Goddamnit. Now I have to tell them what it is!? I sighed and started.

"Every month, girls have this thing. Called, a-um...period. It's when you bleed-" Jeff cut me off. He ran up to me lifting my arms checking for injuries.

"W-what? Where? Macy tell me I have to bandage you!"

"Jeff stop! Lemme finish." He pulled back. I explained everything.

I'll spare you the gory details. Let's just say they were all in shock.

"W-what?"

"Oh my.."

"Are you gonna die?" Many questions filled the room.

"Nah. You get used to the pain. It's called cramps. They hurt like a bitch." Another groan.

"Your not working today!" Newt yelled after an awkward silence.

"In fact! Not the rest of the week!" Alby said.

"No.. Really I'm fine!" I said

"Lay down! I'll get you food!" Thomas said sprinting off .

Maybe being on your period won't be so bad after all...