Newt Imagine

This was requested by PhoebeDecker for her friend! I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for this request. I had fun writing it!
Also, I know that you wouldn't know this in the glade, but just go with it ;)

I woke up to the same annoying alarm clock as always. The same beep beep beep. I rolled over and turned it off.

Today is my birthday.

How could I forget my own birthday?

I hopped out of bed and quickly got dressed. I brushed my short brown hair and headed outside.

Everyone was surprisingly quiet. No yelling and barely any talking.

As I walked to the map room to grab my book bag, I saw Minho, my best friend. He jogged over with the same smirk he has plastered on his face every other day.

"Hey, Alannah. Ready to run?" He asked.

"Oh..uhh, yeah!" I was at a loss for words. It kinda hurts when your bestfriend forgets about your birthday.

"Oh and, Alannah?" He turned around. I put a smile on my face.

Maybe he didn't forget. Maybe-

"Your running with me." Before I could protest, he jogged off towards the doors.

Great. Everyone forgot my birthday.

~~

After about 3 hours of endless running through the labyrinth, we took our lunch break.

"Hey," I sat against the wall, "I meant to ask, why am I running with you today?" I asked curiously.

"Ahh, just making sure you know everything. Can't have my bestfriend getting hurt." He laughed. I faked my best giggle.

Bestfriend my ass.

"Wait, we've never done-" I started, but Minho cut in.

"We better get going, ya know, while we have maze patterns fresh in our memories." He grabbed his uneaten lunch and got up.

"But I haven't even-" I was getting frustrated. Everyone was acting strange.

Then, Minho did the strangest thing.

He winked.

He ran off leaving me in shock.

What the hell just happened?

~~

As I turned the corner to see the glade, Minho was there. Waiting.

"Ready?" He asked.

"I uhh-"

"Let's go." He dashed forward. Sprinting to the glade. I chased him.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!" I yelled.

20 feet.
15 feet.
10.
5.

I dashed right past the noise.

Boys screaming.

But not any screams. They're mouths formed the words I thought I'd never hear today.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ALANNAH!" I turned and saw all the gladers in stupid looking hats. I laughed.

"Oh goodness..." I laughed nervously. I saw my crush, Newt walk towards me with a cake.

"Happy birthday Alannah." He smiled. Butterflies soared throughout my stomach. All the boys surrounded me and Newt. Minho ran up.

"Think we forgot?" He laughed.

"Actually, yes." I giggled. Minho looked at Newt who nodded. Minho grabbed the cake and slowly got close to me.

Then, he shoved it in my face.

I was surprised at first, but then I laughed with my frosting face.

"Oh you're so dead, shank."

~~
After what seemed like hours, the glade finally started to settle down from the massive food fight. I had corn in my hair, frosting in my face, and ketchup on my back. It was the best day ever.

But all good things must come to a close.

I quickly showered, making sure to watch out for drunken gladers that were around the glade.

After I got out, got dressed, then climbed into bed. I snuggled against the cover and thought about today.

Right when I was about to fall asleep, I felt someone shake my shoulder.

"Hey, love? Wake up." I knew that voice anywhere. Newt.

"Newt? What are you doing?" I asked.

"C'mon. I have a surprise for you." I got out of bed and started following him.

We walked past a few gladers, the smell of cake and alcohol lingered.

I finally saw what we were headed for, the look out. He stopped at the ladder.

"Happy birthday Alannah." He motioned towards the ladder. I slowly stepped towards the ladder. I gripped it's handles and started climbing up.

When I got to the top, I expected all the glades there ready to attack me with more food, but I wasn't expecting this.

"Newt..." I gazed around. There was a old looking table with a green table cloth over it. On that table, was a cupcake with a lit candle on it. The stars were wide awake, there was glitter spread on the floorboards, and the words 'happy birthday Alannah' were carved in the tree.

I turned around to see a very nervous looking Newt.

"Y-you did this?" I asked dumbstruck.

"Of course." Newt cleared his throat. "I umm..wanted to say something." He said. I could tell he was gaining confidence. I nodded. "This night couldn't have gone any better. It was perfect. But not as perfect as you. You're so beautiful and funny. Your smile could light up the maze. You're confident and strong. You have hopes and dreams. And you couldn't be any more perfect. The way your hair falls down and the way your beautiful eyes sparkle. I..I think I'm in love with you." Newt said.

Tears welled my eyes. My stomach had more than butterflies. There was a zoo in there. "I-I don't know what to say...I think I'm in love with you too." Newt's nervousness disappeared.

"Then you won't mind this?" Before I got a chance to ask, Newt kissed me. My insides exploded with fires works. And in that moment...I knew I loved him.

~~

A/n; HAPPY BIRTHDAY ALANNAH! Sorry this took so long...I was busy lol I have no good reason.

K ily bye.
-E