Newt Imagine

This was requested by Queen_Fangirl1
Thank you for your patience. Sorry this took way too long, but I made it extra long, just like you asked. Enjoy!

I woke up to someone screaming my name.

"CAT!" I knew exactly who it was, because only one person called me that. Newt. I felt him shaking me. I opened my eyes to see him hovering over me.

"Finally! It took you forever to wake up!" Newt said attempting to drag me out of bed. I checked my watch. It was almost 1 p.m

"Newt! I'm tired! I shouted at Newt.

"Awh come on, I've got a surprise for you." He tugged on the sleeve of my hoodie.

"Fine," I grumbled. Newt's face lit up as I let him half drag me out of the door.

When I stepped out, something was up. The whole glade was awake, everyone seemed to smile and wave at me every time I walked by.

I finally saw our destination. The tree house. Newt let go of my hand and started climbing the ladder. I had a fear with heights, but I never told anyone.

"Um... Newt?" I called up to Newt, at which he was already half way up.

"You coming?" He looked down.

"I...um can't." I said. I felt ashamed letting Newt down like that. I looked up and saw Newt making his way back down. After he got down, he faced me.

"It's not that high up, if that's what you're talking about." He gestured to the ladder.

"Newt you-" I started to object, but Newt grabbed me bridal style, making my cheeks flush.

Okay maybe I had a small crush on him.

Then, Newt started climbing the added with me in his arms. I started kicking and screaming.

"NO NEWT STOP!" I said after he was about 6 steps high. Newt's eyes flashed guilt. I kicked him, making him drop me into the floor. I landed on my back, knocking the wind out of me. I didn't wait for Newt to say or do anything, I ran. I didn't know where, but I didn't want Newt to see me cry. Cause that's what I was going to do. It wasn't because of the fall, I just HATED heights. I decided to go into the map room. Hoping Newt wouldn't look there.

I cried for a solid hour until Newt ran in and saw me.

"Catherine! I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to drop you!" Newt crouched beside me.

"N-no Newt. It wasn't that..." I said with a shaky voice.

"You're right, I shouldn't of forced you up the ladder, I just had a really special surprise. But I guess I kinda blew it didn't I?" He asked sheepishly.

"Newt, I wanted to see it, really I did. But I can't go up there. I'm sorry." I explained to Newt.

"Don't be sorry." Newt paused. "Do you really wanna see it?" He pressed on.

"Yes Newt but-" he cut me off.

"Good, cause I brought it into the deadheads." He said. "That's why it took me so long to get you, I knew where you were." Newt told me. Earning a chuckle from me. "Ready to see it?" He asked wiping the tears off my cheek.

"Yes." I said confidently.

"I know you don't trust me," Newt put a hand out to pick me up, "but you have to close your eyes. Please." I closed my eyes immediately.

"Who says I don't trust you?" I teased.

"I-um, just thought-" Newt started.

"C'mon shank." I said jokingly. Newt grabbed my hand, and guided me carefully through, who knows where. I admit, it was temping to open my eyes, but they remained shut.

After what seemed like we walked through the maze, he finally let go of my hand and said,

"Open." Newt said.

I opened my eyes, and let out a small gasp. The sight was beautiful. It was a sheet on the ground with a brown basket on it. The sheet was surrounded in beautiful hand-picked flowers. And since it was the evening, the jars, that Gally uses, that suspended above the blanket, glowed beautifully. With fireflies?

"I-it's beautiful." I said in amazement.

"Just like you Cat." Newt grabbed my hand again and stood below the 'lanterns'

"I've liked you since I laid eyes on you, and I wanted to do something special for a special girl. You're the most amazing, funny, beautiful, honest, courageous person ever. And I think I love you." Newt confessed to me as he held both of my hands.

"I think the feelings mutual." I told Newt. And with that, Newt pulled me into a passionate kiss.

"I love you, Catherine."

"I love you, Newt." We exchanged smiles and sat down.

"Let's eat, shall we?"

~~

A/n- I hoped you liked it! I'm really proud of this one!

K bye.
-Evie