👨‍👦MUMMA👨‍👦

I gave a hesitant smile to di as she looked at me with a hope.

"Naira. Think about it. You can do it, only You can Naira" Di enphasized the word you. I can literally feel her desperateness and her faith within myself.

"I'll try my best di" I gave my assurance knowing somewhere whatever di told was inevitable.Bracing myself for roller coaster ride, I straightened my hairs before marching upstairs. I felt di eyes poking on my back.

Pushed open the door of our room, I felt the known silence welcoming me. Bolting the door, I roamed my eyes around the room hoping to get the glimpses of my partner of room, my life and my soul.

"kartik.." I called in feeble voice not wanting to irritate him than already he was.

I got only silence as an answer. Walking further, I looked at the poolside. He was not seen there. But then my heart picks up it's pace when I turned to go back to the room.

That means he was in poolside. Narrowing my eyes, I searched for him. He was not in his usual place, the green chair. Taking slow steps, I gasped at the sight.

There he was sitting on the corner of the poolside, leaning his head on the nearby wall. His posture itself gave negative vibes. Without second thought, I strode towards him and took my place beside him.

Like predicted, he didn't reacted to my presence at all. It feels like a knife piercing my heart seeing him all lost. Gulping the worry, I palmed his shoulders. He glanced at me and his empty eyes sucked my soul.

"kartik.."

That's it, the facade gone. The arrogant, heartless beast vanished paving way to the kartik whom he hide from entire world.

In a swift, he placed his head on my lap and his arms circled around my waist. I caressed his scalp massaging it while he buried his face on my tummy.

Only time passed, nothing changed on his stance. The more I tried to lift head, the more he buried it onto my stomach. The more I stroked his head gently, the more he snuggled into me.

"You've to let it go" I whispered drawing soothing circles on his back.

He shook his head as no in reply.

"You've to"

"I can't" Mumbled he.

"kartik.."

"I used to hold her pallu and trail behind her all the day wherever she goes on this day. Instead of doing or cooking everything according to her wishes, she used to do everything I like. It was always like my birthday than hers. I always ask her why is she celebrating my birthday on her birthday. She used to smile rather giving answers. But I know it's the result of my dislike towards celebrating my birthday. She... Why did she left me Naira? What was my fault in that? I didn't cheat her, did I? Even though I was a broody kid, I used to obey all her words. Not a day in my life passed without her kiss on my forehead before my morning coffee. Didn't once my thoughts crossed her mind before shooting herself? Didn't once she thought, how'll her Kittu will cope up in absence? Why didn't she..." His tears wetting my fabric and the hotness on his tears burned my skin. I couldn't see him so broken.

"Enough. You're hurting yourself. Mumma will be sad seeing her Kittu crying on her birthday" I consoled him. Like di said, my words did effect on him. He looked up at me without lifting his head from my lap.

At instant he's not the KG, not Dadi' Kittu, nor a bhai, not papa, chacha and chachi's kartik beta and definitely not my kartik but his mumma's Kittu. He looked like the fourteen year boy who just shed his childishness but a lost, broken Child devoid of his mother. Gangamaaiyaa is cruel sometimes.

I snapped down when I felt a tug at my duppatta. I frowned and look down only to get surprised.

He tugged my duppatta. It took few seconds to comprehend what he meant. His fist held onto the end of my duppatta like his dear life.

'I used to hold her pallu and trail behind her all the day wherever she goes on this day' His words echoed on my brain.

Wiping his tears, I pecked his forehead before stood up. Keeping an eye on his move I walked inside the room having him trailing behind me with his tight hold on my duppatta. Till now the day he confessed his love for me was the best day in my life. But now... He not only gave me the place as his wife but he gave me a small portion of his mother place. His gesture of trailing behind me like a puppy was so Cute that I couldn't resist but pull him over me initiating our world of passion.

HOW WAS IT?

GIVE SUGGESTIONS TOO........

Author's note- hey all hope you all are doing good 🙂🙂 so from tomorrow this book is on temporary hold as my final exams are commencing so I need to focus on studies.....but I will come back soon and will try to update if get time🙂🙂