💙A DARE💙

Naira pov

Oh fuck, I can't believe I'm actuallygoing through with this.I was currently prowling through thedarkness of Kartik's room, like a lionabout to pounce on it's prey. Kartik laidsprawled across his king-sized bed,lost in a peaceful slumber, completelyoblivious to my presence. I stalkedcloser to his bed and hovered over hissleeping figure. I held my breath afraid that even the smallest sound would wake him.I settled over him, taking in hisbreathtakingly beautiful features. Hislong dark eyelashes, his small narrownose, his pink plump perfectly kissable lips and his perfectly chiseled jawline.Feeling emboldened, I reached out and brushed his hair from out his face. I stiffened when he stirred in his sleep, mumbling something .I can't do it, I thought. The whole reason I was in Kartik's room, at this unholy hour, lurking around like a creepy stalker, was because of Keerti. Keerti is Kartik's sister and also one of my best friends. I was crazy about Kartik and Keerti unfortunately found out tonight at our sleepover, due to a game of Truth or Dare. I picked truth.

Who's your crush?" She'd asked.

"Kartik,"I'd confessed, blushing likecrazy. The other girls didn't stopteasing, which was why when it came around for me to pick again, I'd madethe dreadful decision of choosing dare.

"I dare you to sleep with Kartik,"Keerti

said.

I shook my head furiously, "Nah-uh. No way I am doing that."

"C'mon Naira , don't be such a pussy ."

If there was one thing I couldn't handle, it was sonmeone calling me a pussy .

And because I wanted to preventmyself from being deemed a pussy Itook up the challenge. And that, ladiesand gentlemen, is how I ended up inKartik's room.

I came to realize the horrible truth, though. I was indeed a pussy because

I couldn't bring myself to go throughwith it. My heart was hammeringagainst my ribcage way too hard. Mylimbs wouldn't stop trembling and Iwas sweating profusely. I definitelycouldn't do it.

I turned around to go, but hand caught a stack of flower pot on his bedKartike table and sent them crashing to floor. I clamped my eyes shut, paralyzed in my steps. I sent up a silent prayer to God, begging him to not let the now stirring Kartik

open his eyes and see me. But I guessGod didn't hear me because..

"Naira ?" Kartik mumbled groggily,

"What are you doing in here?"

I mentally cursed as I turned to face

him with the must innocent smile Icould muster, 

" K-Kartik... -I was...ou

know...um.I was looking for...the wasooli.Yes, the wasooli . Wasooli were are you?"I pretended to search for his dog.

He sat up and rubbed the sleep from

his eyes so he could focus more on me.

" He must be sleeping ." His brows

furrowed in confusion.

"oh ok " I laughed nervously. "Um, well goodnight"

"OK. Goodnight."

I turned and hurried to the door. Just

as I was about turn the knob, I stopped.I had made it this far and now, hereI was running away like a pussy . Idecided to man up for once. Even if Iwas only able to get a kiss from himbefore he chased me from his room and maybe even his life, I decided that it would be worth it.I took a deep breath, spun on my heels and ran over to his bed and straddled him. His eyes grew double in size and as he was about to say something I gripped a hand full of his hair and I smashed my lips to his. He stiffen as I moved my lips against his, willing him to respond. When he didn't respond, I slowly pulled away.