-66-

I sat with my brother, thinking of what Merlin told me... A happy emotion for the void.

I stood up.

"Head mage?" I asked, stepping up to her. "Do you not have a Wither Away flower on you by any chance? It had been found out not that long ago it could help me master this void if I beat the strength of it."

"I do have some but be careful, you don't want to overexert yourself your Highness." she hell one out that she made bloom in her palm from a seed like Mys-Ari-euh she usually did. Belladonna was known to have written a really thick book about all the plants we know about, when it comes to plants she knows everything.

I glanced at her, the she-dragon was sitting on the stairs that lead down into this main room with the paintings, she had her staff across her lap and holding her face... I wanted to go there and comfort her but something was telling me to leave her alone for now, I did just ask for that flower, would be rude to ignore.

I took a deep breath and grabbed it and soon felt tired tho I tired to not show it.

I walked back to my brother, willing my legs to work and sat down as if everything was alright, holding the flower stem with a tight fist and the other wrapped around my own hand, glaring at the flower.

I closed my eyes, searching for a memory I could tie to this anti-magic, a memory that would only come up when I thought of it and not because I saw something...

I thought and thought, many different memories coming up but none fitting what I wanted.

I opened my eyes again.

"Who are they?" I asked, pointing out the window, my brother huddled next to me, both kneeling on a chair without a backing to look out the window.

"My dear children these are future court mages, they will learn the art of elemental magic and serve us."

"Wow!"

"So neat!"

I should not tie the void to a memory about the mages.... but I didn't often think about they day they came, I was so young at the time and yet it was still an unforgettable sight.

I think it isn't too dangerous to think of that.

I tried remembering how it felt and push the guilt of fearing for everyone's life in the Queendom as we hid, if I master this I can help.

The wonder, the awe, the joy after hearing so many stories, all those positive, all those good, think of the good to beat the evil, that's always how stories go right? The good wins against the bad so please work.

But it didn't work, I know it was too vague so I thought again, glancing at Mirrel and Meridith.... Seeing them for the first time was also a happy feeling, so maybe try with that, I can't concentrate of the other memory, to much ties to the present day.

I smiled as the warmth, remembering how happy I was to not only have one but two younger siblings... I will save this world for them, I can't let it go to waste.

But the warmth was soon gone as I was distracted and I saw the flower sag again, having looked a bit more alive for a few moments there... I know I am close, this can be the memory to help me tie it too happiness, if I can learn fast enough how to connect this specific happiness it might work, I can do it.

I put the flower in my pocket, I was not touching my skin so I didn't feel as tired but it was so close to it that there was a bit of magical loss I could feel, it felt like I needed a nap nothing more, I think this will also help, getting used to the flower so it is easier.... So I'll do this for now.